Hello everyone,

I can imagine that for you this is something old.

I want to say that i really like the AlamyMeasures feature. I have some images of editorial Polish subjects in the city. I see that i have amounts of zooms and views regarding this topic. Seach terms like "Polish food market" or Polish Grocery". Because of that i know that i should include more images concerning food idustry in Poland.

To the experienced Alamy Photographers, is this the right way to use it? Or is this a good way to improve my Portfolio?

Thank you allready :).

Mirco

Alamy Measures is a very useful feature as is All of Alamy.  Use it to find which keywords to stop using as well as which types of images are attracting interest.  It is also a good way to spot gaps in the market where there are few results being returned for a particular search term.  I use it a lot.

Pearl

I agree, Mirco, very useful, and helpful in improving ones own keywording for Alamy - use it with the "All of Alamy" feature to look back at keyword searches over the past year to see what is looked for and what isnt

Kumar

They are very useful.

At the weekend I dug out a list of concepts I had made: proverbs, aphorisms, cliches etc (created on a couple of long train journeys) as I was thinking of setting up to shoot them. But first I checked them against All of Alamy. Few of them had any hits, fewer sales, in the last year. At least I looked before I started shooting! Saved  me a lot of probably wasted time; need to rethink my plans :huh:

Hi Mirco - when I first started out I used it a lot to refine my keywording. It also proved helpful in highlighting alternative spellings. I often consult it when looking for new locations and new search buzz word trends. A word of caution however. This only includes data from known and valued buyers so it represents only a fraction of the search information.

dov

Hi, Mirco

As many have said, using AM to seek alternative keywords, spellings, location names etc is very, very handy. I think it is much less handy, and perhaps downright misleading, to use AM to "predict" what is going to sell . . . that to me is like predicting what is going to be in next week's magazine by looking at what was in last week's.

dd

Archived