Hello All

mark117h

Hi Everyone.

Cheers for the warm welcome,

My initial 3 Submissions have actually passed so i am well happy with this and thank you to Alamy for passing them.

Uploaded 3 more that got passed earlier too just getting used to the image manager and reading all the guides you can download,

Again cheers to all and i wish all of you luck/success in your sales.

Cheers

Mark

Welcome to Alamy, Mark.  The next trick, now you've shown that you can produce technically sound images, is to look carefully at your captions and keywords. 

Do buyers really want to know what attracted you to take the image?  No, they want to know exactly what it is and possibly where and when it was taken if this is relevant. For this you need to be accurate in your labelling.  Do your research.  For example, your 'pansy' photo is a petunia, probably one of the training Surfinia forms.  Mistakes like that will do you no favours with buyers or with your CTR when your incorrectly labelled images come up in searches.  Again, let's take your image of black spot on leaves: What type of leaves? Common name and Latin name for both the leaves and the black spot fungal disease are needed because that's what the majority of buyers will be searching for.  Oh, and check your spelling.  It's easy to make mistakes and they do rule you out of correctly spelled searches 

You need to consider the potential market(s) for your images and tailor your captions and keywording appropriately.  And the time to start it is now, before you build up a substantial portfolio and eventually realise that you'll have to go back and extensively rework your earlier uploads..

21 hours ago, John Richmond said:

Welcome to Alamy, Mark.  The next trick, now you've shown that you can produce technically sound images, is to look carefully at your captions and keywords. 

Do buyers really want to know what attracted you to take the image?  No, they want to know exactly what it is and possibly where and when it was taken if this is relevant. For this you need to be accurate in your labelling.  Do your research.  For example, your 'pansy' photo is a petunia, probably one of the training Surfinia forms.  Mistakes like that will do you no favours with buyers or with your CTR when your incorrectly labelled images come up in searches.  Again, let's take your image of black spot on leaves: What type of leaves? Common name and Latin name for both the leaves and the black spot fungal disease are needed because that's what the majority of buyers will be searching for.  Oh, and check your spelling.  It's easy to make mistakes and they do rule you out of correctly spelled searches 

You need to consider the potential market(s) for your images and tailor your captions and keywording appropriately.  And the time to start it is now, before you build up a substantial portfolio and eventually realise that you'll have to go back and extensively rework your earlier uploads..

Hi John.

Thank you for the welcome and the excellent info about tagging and labeling my images, i was at the time trying to find out what the petunia actually was, it was our lass that suggested it did look similar to a pansy, after all that's where i took the image from on our lass's mum's back garden "Very Vibrant Come Summer Time lol".

A good friend of mine on Facebook though suggested to me that it was actually a petunia and he only knew this because he showed his mum and in return thanks to his mum said straight away its a Petunia, luckily my mates mum actually used to run a flower stall in our shopping mall in Mansfield.

I have now labelled them correctly and appropriately and you have given me some real insight and thought into how i should be really labeling my images.

Again Thank you for the constructive criticism as through this i will surely learn and make lesser mistakes and strive to get better.

Cheers

Mark.

Archived