Photograph into painting effect

I had some accepted, 30 or so, but have since deleted them. Mine were only lightly painted, but I used textures on all. I also had some not pass QC.

I don't believe buyers come here for artistic work. Not saying you couldn't make a sale, but I never had one single zoom of mine.

Alamy is basically an editorial/advertising agency with the emphasis on editorial. 

Betty

I love your pony but the caption is all wrong. I think you had your duck on jetty selected as well as the pony photo. It is one of the many pitfalls in our image manager. You have to unselect an image before you move on to the next. You need to think a bit about the whole caption and tag part of your work if you continue here. No one will ever find your images unless you are very accurate about the caption and tags. I think if I was looking for something like your pony image I would be using words like funny and humorous (also humourous since we need both spellings.)

Paulette

10 hours ago, NYCat said:

I love your pony but the caption is all wrong. I think you had your duck on jetty selected as well as the pony photo. It is one of the many pitfalls in our image manager. You have to unselect an image before you move on to the next. You need to think a bit about the whole caption and tag part of your work if you continue here. No one will ever find your images unless you are very accurate about the caption and tags. I think if I was looking for something like your pony image I would be using words like funny and humorous (also humourous since we need both spellings.)

Paulette

Acksherly, "humorous" is the correct British English spelling too, in spite of the humour/humor difference. 

On 9/2/2017 at 10:27, Eddie Starck said:

i make my photos look like paintings. Where do I stand, do they have to go into a 

Special  category? I have had photos rejected because. Soft or lacking definition.

witch is the whole idea of a painting effect.

There is a sister agency to Alamy:  Stockimo.

The images have to be shot with (or at least uploaded from) an iPhone or iPad. No Android upload exists.

Images can be filtered heavily and do sell through the same Alamy channel(s).

Discussion about anything Stockimo however is not allowed here. For questions:  support@stockimo.com.

wim

Archived