Cupcakes

John Mitchell

I have a cupcake bakery a few blocks from me. I could be over there in 10 minutes. I don't think they're familiar with the Royal Family though, certainly not the corgis. 

Forget the corgis, etc. There must a cupcake with the Empire State Building on it. I'd rush down there right away if I were you.

Looks like someone beat me to it with this one: CRDHWG

There are over 10K pictures featuring cupcakes on Alamy. Do these images actually sell?

I'm not a fan of cupcakes, but I have to admit that I really dig this one: D1WJWE

I almost took a cupcake picture, a Canada Day themed one, at the local Farmers Market where I was trying to sell prints (lots of oohs and aahs but not many plunking down their cash) In light of your observation I am glad I didn't.

In my case, photos of iconic and trendy foods sell quite well - certainly far better than my travel shots.

You have a lot of them so is that unexpected? I'm not trying to be smart, but is that a niche in Alamy perhaps?

Ken

In my case, photos of iconic and trendy foods sell quite well - certainly far better than my travel shots.

You've got some very nice food shots. Don't see any cupcakes, though.

Coming! Coming! There's always more in the pipeline!

You have a lot of them so is that unexpected? I'm not trying to be smart, but is that a niche in Alamy perhaps?

Ken

It's a niche in Alamy and Getty too. I also write and photograph cookbooks. Maybe some people would call it a specialty instead of a niche. Who knows?

Archived