I am new user so I can be totally wrong... 

I looked at "All of Alamy" stats from last 30 days and took numbers:

number of pages with at least one sale: 128

first ten of the biggest sales (sum): 133

Then I took stats from 1 Jul 2016 - 1 Aug 2017

number of pages with at least one sale: 400 

first ten of the biggest sales (sum): 213 

Looks like a big drop in only one year... 

It may not be possible to make a direct comparison. As I understand it, AoA does not show all sales, only those where the search could immediately be associated with a sale. In addition there was a major change in the search engine last December which, in my case, has resulted in far fewer views and zooms (other people will have a different experience). Because of these changes I would be reluctant to draw too many conclusions about Alamy's sales from AoA.

The other side of the coin is that many contributors in the monthly 'how did you do...' thread are reporting increasing volumes of sales but lower amounts per sale. Alamy themselves claimed record sales sometime last year, I seem to recall. 

1 minute ago, Joseph Clemson said:

It may not be possible to make a direct comparison. As I understand it, AoA does not show all sales, only those where the search could immediately be associated with a sale. In addition there was a major change in the search engine last December which, in my case, has resulted in far fewer views and zooms (other people will have a different experience). Because of these changes I would be reluctant to draw too many conclusions about Alamy's sales from AoA.

The other side of the coin is that many contributors in the monthly 'how did you do...' thread are reporting increasing volumes of sales but lower amounts per sale. Alamy themselves claimed record sales sometime last year, I seem to recall. 

Thanks. That's reassuring :) 

You are not really comparing like with like.  As Mr Clemson says but also most of the sales for searches over the last 30 days will not yet be recorded as sales, in many cases the customer may not yet have even decided to buy.   Pick a few random dates about a week apart and go back from today and you will see the general trend is for sales to increase as you go back.

Regarding the price per sale talked of in monthly 'how did you do...' thread mentioned by Mr Clemson probably best I say nothing.

Chris Burrows

I have found that uploading exclusive images here and not microstock has made no difference to sales as they are still as rare as hen's teeth. When they do sell, they are for small amounts.

1 hour ago, Marb said:

I have found that uploading exclusive images here and not microstock has made no difference to sales as they are still as rare as hen's teeth. When they do sell, they are for small amounts.

You record is broken is broken is broken.

You don't seen to have any understanding of editorial but worse, you don't seem to be learning or be listening to advice good people here have given you. The outcome is cast in stone. It has been from the beginning. 

Archived