Happy Birthday, Canada!

Thank you very much, my wife and I came to Canada from England in !968 and have never regretted the move. We have travelled in the US quite a lot and enjoyed the great scenery and the wonderful hospitality we received wherever we went. 

Like you said Michael, we couldn't  ask for better neighbours.

22 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Thanks a lot, eh!

... and happy 4th of July to our southern neighbours (also spelled "neighbors" apparently).

young-woman-of-asian-descent-standing-ne

I kid you not, John -- I completely forgot that we are about hit the 4th of July. LOL

43 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Thanks a lot, eh!

... and happy 4th of July to our southern neighbours (also spelled "neighbors" apparently).

young-woman-of-asian-descent-standing-ne

There is something to be said for the great universal health care that you guys have up there in Canada but this poor lady's prosthetic legs need to be tweaked some. ??

8 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

There is something to be said for the great universal health care that you guys have up there in Canada but this poor lady's prosthetic legs need to be tweaked some. ??

Don't say that. I'm supposed to have a hip replacement (if I don't chicken out) later this year.

The system isn't perfect, but at least everyone is covered. I've got no complaints so far.

40 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Don't say that. I'm supposed to have a hip replacement (if I don't chicken out) later this year.

The system isn't perfect, but at least everyone is covered. I've got no complaints so far.

I would take you health system in a "heart beat"!

21 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

I would take you health system in a "heart beat"!

To be fair, the situation is much more complicated (an understatement) in the USA, for a variety of reasons. Also, Canada started moving towards universal healthcare decades ago, province by province at first. No doubt, when the US does figure out how to establish universal coverage at a reasonable cost to all of its citizens, it will be one of the best systems in the world. This could take a long while, though, by the looks of it. At least the debate is alive and kicking (or "alive and tweeting" ^_^). 

Archived