Captions disappearing

Guest Stockfotoart

I have had a few where I thought I'd captioned them in my caption browser (iView) then noticed they were blank in IM. I thought it was me and I probably didn't have the time to verify this so I never pursued it but will look more closely next time.

Rgds,

Richard.

Hi Stockfotoart

Have checked the last couple of hundred images I have put on sale in the last 3-4 weeks and glad to say no captions missing. Agree with you that if there is no caption then the image should not get through AIM and go on sale in the first place

Kumar (the Doc one)

Just gone to deal with a batch of 17 that passed QC at 6:00 this evening after uploading on Sunday afternoon.  Every one has no captions despite these being added in the caption field in Lightroom and embedded in the uploaded JPEGs. Captioning/keywording workflow in Lightroom is exactly the same as I've done for every submission since I joined Alamy.  I've had to do a copy and paste job between Lightroom and AIM to restore them.  

I've got another batch in QC at the moment.  It will be very interesting to see if this is a one off problem.

On 2017-6-26 at 20:54, John Richmond said:

Just gone to deal with a batch of 17 that passed QC at 6:00 this evening after uploading on Sunday afternoon.  Every one has no captions despite these being added in the caption field in Lightroom and embedded in the uploaded JPEGs. Captioning/keywording workflow in Lightroom is exactly the same as I've done for every submission since I joined Alamy.  I've had to do a copy and paste job between Lightroom and AIM to restore them.  

I've got another batch in QC at the moment.  It will be very interesting to see if this is a one off problem.

Second batch had no problems so it may be an intermittent fault in processing.

This might sound trite but are you sure that your captions in whatever software you use is saving your metadata to the file? When I'm distracted I have in the past forgotten to Save to File - or whatever the command in your own case is - and the file is uploaded minus its tags etc.

Just a suggestion!

Richard.

1 hour ago, Stockfotoart said:

Thank you Richard - I grasp everything I could get ;)  - but I am tagging with AIM. The point is that no matter how many tags I add if the caption is missing it shouldn't go on sale (confirmed by alamy again). If I forgot saving after tagging the sytem warns and asks if it should save. So this can't be the point.

Just an hour ago I added again the capture of a couple of images on sale without capture. When I checked again one image the cature was lacking again in AIM, so it wasn't saving. I am giving up really.

I contacted CR - tech team - the answer was that I was deleting by accident captures of images once on sale. But honestly I might be dump and this might happen but not with so many images.

Additionally if I tag let's say 3 images together as a batch, captions of 2 images are saving and one is missing. :ph34r:

I am giving up really. :(

Perhaps you should go through the process, taking screenshots of each step, then send this to CR as proof - they won't believe you otherwise and you'll go nuts or just give up! 

Guest Stockfotoart
3 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Perhaps you should go through the process, taking screenshots of each step, then send this to CR as proof - they won't believe you otherwise and you'll go nuts or just give up! 

++1 very good thanks :)

Archived