Anyone recognize this flower? From a roadside tree here on Gran Canaria. I cycle

or run past the tree most mornings and any car parked under the tree is covered in them.

The flowers are yellow as they open on the tree.

The image seems to have disappeared. I copied and pasted from AIM. Is there another/correct way to upload an image to the forum?

Thanks

Joe

google is my go-to if I can't figure out the name of something. In this case I'd type in yellow flower Gran Canaria (or state), then click to view the image options. Often that will provide results. Otherwise they have an image recognition system that you can search using your image and see similar results. I can't remember the google address for that, but it should be easy to find.

Good Luck!

Kristin

8 minutes ago, NYCat said:

If you wait until it is on sale you can copy and paste from the preview page.

Paulette

Thanks for the tip, Paulette.

Joe

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Anyone recognize this flower? From a roadside tree here on Gran Canaria. I cycle

or run past the tree most mornings and any car parked under the tree is covered in them.

The flowers are yellow as they open on the tree.

The image seems to have disappeared. I copied and pasted from AIM. Is there another/correct way to upload an image to the forum?

Thanks

Joe

There is an image identification thread in the Forum 'Let's Talk about Pictures'.

12 hours ago, MDM said:

That sounds non- native but check out the following website as it is an excellent resource for Canarian flora in general. 

Flora de Canarias

Thanks for the link. I have a book of local Flora, but not as comprehensive as this.

Just uploaded the image to the image identification thread.

Archived