What time are updates?

For some time, now it seems I don't get an update until sometime between now (5pm CST USA) and 10 pm. I swear, I think I remember getting updates during my late morning once upon a time. Right now, it is 5:10 pm here, 11:10pm London time. No update.

The updates a few years ago, used to be pretty consistent, time-wise. Now they seem dodgy, all over the place. Or is it me? Maybe I've just gotten dodgy. :D

I'm wondering if since we have so many contributors now, that Alamy rolls them out in stages.

A couple of months ago, someone from NYC said they usually got them noonish. That would be 11am my time. Nope. Not me.

Betty

I find updates are all over the place, and sometimes I have the odd day when there is no update at all.  I just go with it.

Jill

I'm not known for patience, Jill. :) especially when I found a gap, and am waiting on a set to go on sale, lol. Although I need to chill. One of them might not sell for 5 years. :(

Betty

Thanks, Geoff. I guess I thought everything was supposed to happen at the same time. Anyway, I do see my images are on sale, now.

The last time I checked was around 11 pm last night, which would have been 5am London time, and nothing had happened, yet.

Betty

My dashboard seems to update late afternoon/ early evening in the UK but not sure of timing.

Allan

Measures (views/zooms) are not connected to database updates. The database update has recently been happening before 8am UK time (I don't know what actual time it happens). It always used to start around 8am and took a couple of hours before it settled, then it changed after the "improvements" and now it's back to happening early again. In fact it's now 7:43am here, and the database has updated with the images I keyworded last night.

Measures is very unpredictable, and I've known it happen early morning and any time up to about 8pm. Usually though lately it's been between 3pm and 5pm the majority of days.

Geoff.

I've noticed that too. Measures and database updates seem to happen at different times. For me, measures updates overnight and database usually before midnight my time.

I recorded one zoom today, but images I uploaded yesterday evening are still in QC. Usually they have passed by the time I get up, 6 hours later than London time. But maybe Sunday uploads take longer.

I had 7 zooms for the rolling week. One zoomed twice. I think from the same searcher, since the second zoom was the only image zoomed.

Betty

Betty, I did some uploads yesterday and I think Saturday too, and both have passed QC this evening (roughly around 6pm UK time).

That's a nice lot of zooms you have. I don't know where all mine have gone, it's been as bad lately as sales have been. Although I did get one "fair" sale today at least.

Geoff.

Sales count better than zooms, Geoff. I've only had one piddly $19.99 PU sale this month. I usually get 4-7, seldom 4. Most months for the past year, my zooms average in the 20s for a 30 day period. Many times high 20s. They've fallen off. I'm showing 17 for the moment. I'd rather have the sales, thankyouverymuch.

Archived