Bill

I have been on a similar search for some month, a backup routine when out overnight and you do not need a laptop with you.

But I need one for CF cards! I did look at the Ravpower Filehub and it should tick all the boxes, but sadly it would appear not for CF!

Hi

I got one of these OTG cables from Amazon, https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OMST66A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I already had a USB SD card reader, about £5

Used these to copy SD cards to a 64gb USB stick. Not the fastest transfer speed, but a cheap and light solution. 

Cheers

Gary

I was surprised to see that this was available and then noticed that all of the reviews were from about 10 years ago and the sales page says it is no longer available. I have a couple of Epsons that I carry sometimes in addition to my laptop in case the laptop gives up. I also have an old Nexto DI that does not show the images and isn't available anymore either. It is very fast so I always preferred it. All of these (and my iPad) have a relatively small amount of storage if you are taking thousands of images but probably fine for trips that don't involve vast amounts of storage. Maybe you can find some refurbished.

Paulette

I'm looking to back up my images while traveling, and not just have them on the SD cards.

The Ravpower devices are small hubs with 3000 or 6000 mah batteries (that can also recharge phones). They have an SD slot and a USB port, and are controlled with a phone app to transfer files between devices. All for under $40.

• 1 month later...

A followup:  I did get a Ravpower Filehub device and used it on a 12-day trip in Israel, to back up SD cards to flash drives. It's a bit slow, but it works and is very compact. 

Archived