A new method of working on legacy images

I've already done a few thousand. Sometimes from the newest, sometimes from the oldest.

Recently, I thought of doing this, and have already begun.

I get a zoom. If it is of a subject that I know I have multiples shot over the years, I do a search of that subject and fix all of those. Captions and supertags.

#1. My thought is this. If there are buyers interested in that subject, then do the work which may result in higher placement.

#2 Thought. A buyer obviously found it, placement must be good enough, so put that subject lower on my to-do list and concentrate on the ones never zoomed.

I think # 1 is the way to go. Because those images are the ones in play. Of course, doing # 2 could result in putting a few duds in play.

I hesitate to ask you what you think, because from reading the forums, it seem not many are doing anything with their legacy images.

Here goes....what do you think?

Betty

Maybe be sure to make a copy of the old tags.

Also keep a record of where it lands now for the various searches (see AoA).

Check the place where it lands after putting in the new tags.

If it now comes up higher, keep the tags. If it comes up lower, adjust strategy.

And maybe re-instate old tags.

(This is more or less my workflow, when I'm not sitting on my hands.)

wim

Coincidentally, I've been doing this as well  -- reworking zoomed images and multiples of same.

#1 makes sense to me, but then so does #2.

However, I remain overwhelmed by the prospect of fixing up 1000's of images. Perhaps in another life...

If it now comes up higher, keep the tags. If it comes up lower, adjust strategy.

wim

wim, how much would you charge to fill out my income tax forms? B)

I have been doing #1 since we got the new AIM. I'd rather spend time dealing with subjects as they come up in measures because that way I can see what needs fixing.

Pearl

wim

wim, how much would you charge to fill out my income tax forms? B)

LOL!

I prefer sitting on my hands of course.

However, usually thinking I'm being clever, I cannot resist tinkering.

When it turns out I had not been that clever, the reinstatement can be really useful.

wim

wim

I really don't tinker with my keywords on the older images, except to take some out that might come up in searches where they don't belong. I wasn't that great at keywording in the beginning. I might have "tree" as a keyword just because one was in the image distantly. That came from reading in the forum to only put what was in the picture and I took it too far, too literally!

But sometimes I add a phrase or two. Mainly, and most important, a fair amount of captions need overhauled. And picking supertags. Also category added.

Betty

wim

I really don't tinker with my keywords on the older images, except to take some out that might come up in searches where they don't belong. I wasn't that great at keywording in the beginning. I might have "tree" as a keyword just because one was in the image distantly. That came from reading in the forum to only put what was in the picture and I took it too far, too literally!

But sometimes I add a phrase or two. Mainly, and most important, a fair amount of captions need overhauled. And picking supertags. Also category added.

Betty

Yes that's my workflow also. I combine a lot of tags to try to avoid unwanted views.

I now see I  forgot to say I'm in favor of #1. (slaps forehead)

And then I do the rest.

wim

Archived