Hi All

i have been a member of Alamy for some but only just realised that Alamy sell direct! what an idiot i am

i am currently with an agency but i want to go alone by myself out and about

what do i need to do to my current Alamy account, does it need to be changed so i can sell?

Regards

Graeme 

Graeme, the first thing you need to do is find the Alamy page explaining everything you need to know. It is required reading.

Once you've done that, if there are any areas you are confused about, that's the time to ask.

People here are very willing to help you, but first you need to help yourself to the best of your ability. We shouldn't need to tell you the ABCs when the information is available to you. Then we can help you with the XYZs! ;)

Good luck, you'll like it here.

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/

Betty

Well it does seem obvious that the OP (Graeme, Jace Photography) may be in Alamy through/with some agency, and only now realizes that he can contribute directly to, besides his agency representation. He has apparently not yet uploaded any images DIRECTLY as a contributor - something he may well do, unless his agency (at Alamy) prohibits any such direct submissions as part of the contract he may signed. Just my view.

Kumar, India

Well it does seem obvious that the OP (Graeme, Jace Photography) may be in Alamy through/with some agency, and only now realizes that he can contribute directly to, besides his agency representation. He has apparently not yet uploaded any images DIRECTLY as a contributor - something he may well do, unless his agency (at Alamy) prohibits any such direct submissions as part of the contract he may signed. Just my view.

Kumar, India

He's with Alamy since November 2016. An agency won't register you at Alamy. You have to do that yourself. Five months is a bit late for your penny to drop  :mellow:

Cheers,

Philippe

Philippe just a bit of delayed reaction perhaps from the OP. The following 2 lines just about explain the scenario ... if I get it right :

i am currently with an agency but i want to go alone by myself out and about

what do i need to do to my current Alamy account, does it need to be changed so i can sell?

Just my view,

Cheers,

Kumar, India

Yeah, but why didn't he ask our advice in November when HE registered at Alamy? All sounds a bit weird to me  :wacko: Perhaps Graeme could explain a little better.

Cheers,

Philippe

"Unprofessional latency" perhaps  :P  :P 

btw I recently had some problem with my iTunes store account. While on online help-chat there was a big lull of about 4-5 mins with no response from Apple's side. When the 'help' did appear eventually and I asked the reason for that 'lull' ... "professional latency" was the reply ... of course I had to snap back, professional WHAT ?? I just couldn't comprehend whatever she tried explaining. So, all sorts of things do happen !  :lol:  :lol: 

Cheers,

Kumar, India

Yeah, but why didn't he ask our advice in November when HE registered at Alamy? All sounds a bit weird to me  :wacko: Perhaps Graeme could explain a little better.

Cheers,

Philippe

"Unprofessional latency" perhaps  :P  :P 

btw I recently had some problem with my iTunes store account. While on online help-chat there was a big lull of about 4-5 mins with no response from Apple's side. When the 'help' did appear eventually and I asked the reason for that 'lull' ... "professional latency" was the reply ... of course I had to snap back, professional WHAT ?? I just couldn't comprehend whatever she tried explaining. So, all sorts of things do happen !  :lol:  :lol: 

Cheers,

Kumar, India

Gone to the toilet. ;)

Allan

Archived