Speediest from upload to searchable ever

Last evening I uploaded one image. An illustration. This morning it's not only approved but searchable.

That blows my socks off.

What's your quickest to be searchable?

Edited to add...7 1/2 hours!!! According to Alamy QC email.

Betty

I too had fast QC over the weekend. Submitted Saturday p.m. (UK time). QC'd by 09:30a.m. Monday keyworded, captioned etc. by 10:30 a.m.

All 8 images then show as "On Sale" but they're not! 24 hours later and they are not searchable, and don't appear in my personal image stream.

Can anyone please explain why?

I too had fast QC over the weekend. Submitted Saturday p.m. (UK time). QC'd by 09:30a.m. Monday keyworded, captioned etc. by 10:30 a.m.

All 8 images then show as "On Sale" but they're not! 24 hours later and they are not searchable, and don't appear in my personal image stream.

Can anyone please explain why?

Tagged images still have to wait for the daily update.

There hasn't been one today yet. Can't remember yesterday's but you might have just missed it at 1030. They don't go like clockwork.

Which more than likely means that there's a manual process involved.. which surprises me a little.

What I have noticed is that if your images are captioned and tagged (keyworded) by midnight (UK time), then they get included in that day's updated. So there's an argument there for keywording and captioning prior to upload being an advantage as they can then be picked up by the next database update immediately following passing QC... of course, ths is fine so long as you don't need/want to change license type or add restrictions prior to them going on sale.

Thanks for the feedback. Now 14:00 and the images have appeared in my presonal image stream, but they're still not searchable. I suspect that as Matt suggests there are manual process involved and someone has forgotten to press the button.

My single image uploaded Sunday evening, passed 7 1/2 hours later and searchable on the main page seems an outlier.

I wonder if illustrations are treated differently? Maybe QCd and button pressed in another section of Alamy altogether apart from photographs?

The reason it might be so is that the upload page has a button for each. I found that out when I wanted to upload both together, and noticed illustrations was a choice on its own.

All of my images are already tagged and captioned before upload.

Betty

Archived