Why Do the TagsMove

Hi All

I have just retagged 3 legacy images that MS replaced they are different vies of the same subject but because they were reworded at different times did not have exactly the same kewords.

So I selected all three and clicked on which tags and super tags were needed once I had settled on the desired setting I clicked save and guess what all the tags moved round to different positions.

Shouldn't they stay the same if they don't its going to be a nightmare from now on as we can't get our kewording into the right order for similar subjects ( which is a good idea in a database surely )

Regards

Jon

We must have some sort of tag editor or we will be all over the place other programs let you move keyword order around before you submit so this may be the way to go for new subs .

Have some new images in QC using new technique will see how I get on

I think what is happening is that they have decided that the tags should appear in the order in which you add them so that if you add   ONE TWO THREE  in that order each new tag goes in front so it initially looks like  THREE TWO ONE  and when you save they reverse them to say ONE TWO THREE. One of many confusions for me in the new image manager. As Pearl says this is particularly annoying when you add supertags after saving. Saving them reverses them again.

Paulette

Although tedious it's easy enough to change the order of supertags by un-clicking them and then clicking one By one in the required order. Can't do this however with the normal tags

Although tedious it's easy enough to change the order of supertags by un-clicking them and then clicking one By one in the required order. Can't do this however with the normal ta

What do you mean by clicking/unclicking supertag?  Clicking on the star to make it a supertag?  Otherwise I can't click a supertag, nothing happens if I just click on it.

So if I save one will the next one go to a position behind it or in front of it? This is leading to madness. Thanks for the tip. Also, does the order change when you save again?

Paulette

Click on the blue stars and that's them deselected. Then click (blue star) as per the required order. Save after each one.

Conversely, you can click to select them all IN THE REVERSE ORDER (one by one) and when you hit save they'll reverse AGAIN and be in the correct order

Click on the blue stars and that's them deselected. Then click (blue star) as per the required order. Save after each one.

Conversely, you can click to select them all IN THE REVERSE ORDER (one by one) and when you hit save they'll reverse AGAIN and be in the correct order

Thanks

Hi All

Just had some images pass QC the keywords came over OK from Capture One in the order I had selected but change a tag to super tag and it screws up the order WHY?

Also not importing the caption from ITPC WHY?

Regards

Jon

Archived