New IM splitting phrases in super-tags on re-keyworded legacy images??

I spent most of last week reviewing and overhauling the keywording of a sizeable number of images that pre-date the rollout of the new search engine and the IM. Today when I looked through the images I'd worked on I noticed that quite a few that had been given a phrase within a super-tag, such as "budapest cityscape aerial" or "budapest park summer" are now showing as separate super-tags for each word of the original phrase, e.g "budapest" "cityscape" "aerial". At first I thought I was going crazy, but no, it actually has happened!

I then checked images submitted since the arrival of both the Great Search Engine Change and the new IM. With these the phrases within the super-tags have remained intact.

Has anyone else noticed this happening in super-tags with re-keyworded legacy images?

I'm having similar issues and not just with super-tags.  I was thrilled at first to see Alamy now puts my lightroom keywords as tags until I notice that "Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge" was broken into 6 separate tags, one for each word, even though that is one keyword phrase in my Lightroom cataloger.  Interestingly common and scientific names, like "Canada Goose", or "Rocky Mountain Mule Deer", or "Branta canadensis", or "Odocoileus hemionus hemionus" are all recognized as single tags.  What gives?

tags can only contain a maximum of 4 words or 30 characters.

any more / longer and they will be split into their constituent parts

km

Keith, the only reference to tag length/limit i can find in the IM instructions says:

"Tags have no character limit, it is the number of tags that are counted. Multiple words can be used

to create a single tag..."

Has this information been updated/changed?

Joe

"Keith, the only reference to tag length/limit"

Easy enough to demonstrate:

Just try to add more than 30 characters or 4 words and see what happens

open AIM,

select an image

type this in the tag entry box

one two three four five

or

a  b  c  d  e  ( with spaces between the letters)

or

1234567890123456789012345678901234 (no spaces between the numbers)

If the Alamy instructions are saying that there is no character limit then that advice is unequivocally wrong

km

Archived