Latest client requests

Just had a browse through the latest client requests and was suprised to see someone is looking for an image of a woman with her face covered in olive oil.

Sounds like (potentially) a fun photoshoot but for a very limited market and pRob ably would not sell often.

Has anyone reacted to a similar request and made a sale? I'm reluctant to shoot it, even if I could convince someone to do it, would the license fee even cover the cost of the olive oil?

I'm reluctant to shoot it, even if I could convince someone to do it, would the license fee even cover the cost of the olive oil?

You might get away with the cost of Lidl extra-value Olive Oil, but think you'd be pushing it if you went for Extra Virgin stuff. Certainly stay clear of M&S and Waitrose...

:)

Alamy once told me they were generally trying to fill gaps in their collection with these requests. Seems a strange gap to identify though, they are probably missing a lot of substances covering peoples faces

I have several images of a facial mask with slices of cucumbers on the eyes, which reduces swelling. Years have gone by with maybe one zoom, no sales.

It may be because I didn't know what the heck I was doing, or how to shoot it properly, since it was early days for my photography.

Or...just a lack of buyer interest in the subject matter. I say that because I've sold some of those early days poor photography shots. :)

Take that back. Just had a look. Cucumbers...no mask.

Alamy once told me they were generally trying to fill gaps in their collection with these requests. Seems a strange gap to identify though, they are probably missing a lot of substances covering peoples faces

Maybe clients want laughing women with olive oil now in stead of with salad bowls.

Ooops indeed they do:

Honey, Potatoes And Olive Oil.

Castor Oil.

Turmeric and Olive oil.

And there I was totally ready to ridicule this fad.

This is going to be big; this is going to be sooo big. I'm telling you..

Better thank the sales team for alerting us!

wim

Maybe clients want laughing women with olive oil now in stead of with salad bowls.

Ooops indeed they do:

Honey, Potatoes And Olive Oil.

Castor Oil.

Turmeric and Olive oil.

And there I was totally ready to ridicule this fad.

This is going to be big; this is going to be sooo big. I'm telling you..

Better thank the sales team for alerting us!

wim

- and neither needs to be extra virgin  :)

Archived