Is it convention when submitting images of vehicles to clone out registration numbers, particularly on close ups or am I being unnecessarily cautious?

Richard 

I do it for cars in the red light district.

wim

Is it convention when submitting images of vehicles to clone out registration numbers, particularly on close ups or am I being unnecessarily cautious?

Richard 

I do it for cars in the red light district.

wim

After the car owners paid the first fee ;-)

Leave them alone, you'll have to mark anything you fiddle with as digitally altered - suppose you put a legit number on by altering a couple of digits ?

It is down to the publisher if they use it commercially and you haven't got the property release ......

• 2 years later...

A false registration is good (be sure it is invalid) but the owner of a car cannot give a property release, only the manufacturer or the builder if it is a custom. The owner does not get any rights to the IPR beyond using and enjoying it, same with paintings, sculpture or indeed a photographic print (unless expressly granted by the creator, very unusual)

Hi

I'd like to restart this one.

Suppose I have a property release but the owner of the property doesn't want the number shown.

I'd have no problem in removing the number but would it casue any problems with Alamy.

Robert

Just change it into a combination that doesn't exist. Much better than a blurred license plate. It's inconspicuous and the attentive viewer will notice its a fake registration number.

The picture below isn't about license plates, it's about changing tyres  -_-  Wouldn't cause any problems with Alamy. 

car-mechanic-changing-summer-tyres-and-m

Cheers,

Philippe

Nice Lazarus post ;-)

Funny: to me that reads Haarlem Haarlem.

(Haarlem is where I live; 023 is the area code)

wim

Archived