. . . but the livin' ain't easy. 

I've notice that a lot of you are traveling and shooting and bulking up your collections. Meanwhile the weather here in NYC has me totally discombobulated. Since the end of May, almost daily, there have been T-storm warnings in the NY weather report. Today we had local tornado warnings.  http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/New+York+NY+USNY0996:1:US

Image-wise, how is your summer going? 

It was gloomy here in Vancouver during the last two weeks of June, which is not uncommon. So I spent a lot of time staring at my computer screen going cross-eyed. However, the sun usually returns in July, so I'll be out and about taking pictures more often. Today, I shot some Canada Day celebrations and just uploaded a few images to Alamy live news. I've yet to have any luck with live news . However, I plan to experiment more with it this summer as there is always a lot going on in Vancouver. Might as well since I can't afford to take any trips to faraway places.

It was gloomy here in Vancouver during the last two weeks of June, which is not uncommon. So I spent a lot of time staring at my computer screen going cross-eyed. However, the sun usually returns in July, so I'll be out and about taking pictures more often. Today, I shot some Canada Day celebrations and just uploaded a few images to Alamy live news. I've yet to have any luck with live news . However, I plan to experiment more with it this summer as there is always a lot going on in Vancouver. Might as well since I can't afford to take any trips to faraway places.

John you live in a faraway place. How exotic is that? I tend to be limited in travel so have to try to be experimental, (or is that just mental), with my home location. Even so I still do not get out enough.

Allan

Unfortunately it's been positively on fire here out west.  Literally.  Our skies in Denver are usually very blue due to being up in altitide, and lately it has been nothing but haze.  I did manage a trip to Lake Powell in May and was able to upload a hundred or so images but at the moment I've been staying out of the heat and editing older images for inclusion into the library (what I normally do in the Winter).  Hopefully there will be more opportunities coming up.

I got to the beach and the light looks good. I arrive at the beach. Surf has died down. Folk sleeping in the dunes waiting for the tide. Big black clouds appear.  I wait, take a few pics [later deleted] and the clouds stay so I eventually leave. Then sun reappears as I drive away. Been happening like this most days

Ed it was a pretty good day down in Dartmouth yesterday with temperatures of around 22 degrees C and azure blue skies. I am just editing the photos now and getting some downloaded. 22 degrees C for me is just about pleasant. But we don't seem to get many consecutive days of consistent weather and today we have rain. Which is good if you have vegetables growing in the garden in large beds as we have. The weather in California as seen on the news looks ridiculous at 57 degrees C. I would not be able to stand that. Anything over 25 degrees is very uncomfortable to me, although many people like it very hot.

Ed, Wet and cool, the farmers haven't been able to get the corn in. Knee high by the 4th of July is more like knee high on an Irish Setter. ;)  Just a smidgen West of Lake Michigan.

Still many good days outside, I'm happy.

Ah, Philippe---that produce looks fabulous. Yum yum. 

Gervais, can you grow the produce that the British call by the French names in Dartmouth? 

Those western temps are in Death Valley, and I do not recommend having that on your destination list. As you may have heard, we lost 19 brave firefighters out west yesterday. These young people were the best of the best. 

John you live in a faraway place. How exotic is that? I tend to be limited in travel so have to try to be experimental, (or is that just mental), with my home location. Even so I still do not get out enough.

Allan

Very true. It's all relative. Here's one of my favourite quotes on this topic:

"From the point of view of the natives, it's the locals who are picturesque."

-Eduardo Galeano

Gervais, can you grow the produce that the British call by the French names in. 

Well France is not far from Dartmouth so I would say yes. But I just grow the usual things like onions, garlic, broad beans, runner beans, lettuce courgettes (zucchini) and so on. You noticed how I started off very French there but then gradually fell away. :)

Archived