New store in Cambridge England

Not a question I know but thought some would be interested in the new Jessops store that has opened at 15 Fitzroy Street, Cambridge.

Allan

Agreed. WEX are my 'local'!

Jim.

Same here and I live about 80 miles away. Jessops gobbled up ever camera shop in my area until they had a monopoly and then proceeded to go bust. Back in the day they had very knowledgeable and helpful staff but that all changed in their drive towards the consumer market. One of the great things about WEX is the quality of the staff. You can ring up or call and speak to somebody who not only knows what they are talking about but actually enjoy it as well. Customer service is excellent. It would take a lot for me to go elsewhere.

Jim.

Same here and I live about 80 miles away. Jessops gobbled up ever camera shop in my area until they had a monopoly and then proceeded to go bust. Back in the day they had very knowledgeable and helpful staff but that all changed in their drive towards the consumer market. One of the great things about WEX is the quality of the staff. You can ring up or call and speak to somebody who not only knows what they are talking about but actually enjoy it as well. Customer service is excellent. It would take a lot for me to go elsewhere. Hopefully it is the older-style Jessops that has arisen fron the ashes. I've not been in a new Jessops store yet.

Jim.

Same here and I live about 80 miles away. Jessops gobbled up ever camera shop in my area until they had a monopoly and then proceeded to go bust. Back in the day they had very knowledgeable and helpful staff but that all changed in their drive towards the consumer market. One of the great things about WEX is the quality of the staff. You can ring up or call and speak to somebody who not only knows what they are talking about but actually enjoy it as well. Customer service is excellent. It would take a lot for me to go elsewhere.

Agreed

Kumar

Open now Allan?

Yes. There were no fanfares or anything but according to Jessops website they are open.

At least they are somewhere to browse and try even if you buy through WEX.

Allan

Archived