Google Blog Sites

Do any of you use the free Google blogger system?

I have two of them, although I've discontinued my text blog, Mulberry Street, a while ago. I have one that is set up as a kind of Lightbox of Alamy images. I looked at it this morning, Far Away Places, and found that a problem has developed in the layout, where the right 1/3 of each image has been cropped out. http://edoruan.blogspot.com

This is the second time Goggle has made adjustments that have screwed up my blogs. Several of my earliest text blogs have been ruined by a software change of some kind. http://edoruan2.blogspot.com

Edo

They both seem to be working OK for me (Windows 7, Firefox).

I have several blogspot.com blogs that have more or less withered on the digital vine. Perhaps I'll resurrect them one day. I haven't logged in for awhile, but I seem to remember not liking some of the software changes that had been made. Can't be specific, though. We get what we pay for, I guess.

John, on the Far Away Places site are the images square or landscape rectangles? Many look okay as squares, but they are supposed to be rectangles. And Mulberry Street looks good until we get to the first few posts, way down at the bottom, scanning. I can fix the texts, but since I've stopped doing new ones, maybe there's no point. I suppose I can take a shot at fixing Far Away Places too. 

I tried all three of my browsers on a Mac: Safari, Firefox and Chrome. They're all the same. 

The reason I don't have a serious Website is that I'm not looking for work. I'm trying to concentrate on being retired. And it gives less opportunities to be stolen from. I also don't do social media for that reason. 

Thanks for looking. 

Edo - I'm sorry you're having trouble with blog edoruan.blogspot.com. But I'm glad to be reminded it exists, since I so enjoyed reading many, many of your posts quite a while back - and today I enjoyed your recent posts. (I left a stump of my blogspot blog when I switched to my fromLongIsland.com wordpress blog, since it includes easy plug-in to embed my photoshelter photos.)

About your newest post - considering the wide spectrum of photographers "professional" covers accurately, I wouldn't be surprised if the photog looking at lcd is professional (though not for big budget shoot for big client). The line can get so blurry nowadays. 

Ann

Edo,

John, on the Far Away Places site are the images square or landscape rectangles? Many look okay as squares, but they are supposed to be rectangles. And Mulberry Street looks good until we get to the first few posts, way down at the bottom, scanning. I can fix the texts, but since I've stopped doing new ones, maybe there's no point. I suppose I can take a shot at fixing Far Away Places too. 

I tried all three of my browsers on a Mac: Safari, Firefox and Chrome. They're all the same. 

The reason I don't have a serious Website is that I'm not looking for work. I'm trying to concentrate on being retired. And it gives less opportunities to be stolen from. I also don't do social media for that reason. 

Thanks for looking. 

The images are square on Far Away Places. Your blogs look alive and well. Have you tried setting the number of posts visible on your homepage to a smaller number, say seven or so? That might fix the Mulberry Street problem. It's worth a try.

I actually quite enjoy blogging and hope to get back to it sometime. My Latin America travel blog was doing well until I ran out of travel $ and tourism boards stopped offering me press trips.

Thanks for looking. 

Edo, they show up as square for me too, unless I right-click on them and click "view image" . . . then I see them in their full rectangular glory . . . bit of a bummer them not displaying rectangularly to begin with :ph34r:

dd

Oh, good on you, Dusty.

Maybe it's time for me to make a new layout. I have a lot of new images since doing that one. It's not important; I'm not using the page to look for work. It's just that these unhelpful updates are annoying. 

And thanks for reading my musings, Ann.

I like your energetic approach to news. Don't concern yourself with "the perils" of going anywhere in NYC. The odds of being totally safe are way in your favor. We're not even on the short list of dangerous cities anymore. I plan to shoot in Times Square one night next week. And I'd love to spend some time sitting at a cafe table in Paris, something I've done many times in the past. 

Oh, good on you, Dusty.

Maybe it's time for me to make a new layout. I have a lot of new images since doing that one. It's not important; I'm not using the page to look for work. It's just that these unhelpful updates are annoying. 

And thanks for reading my musings, Ann.

I like your energetic approach to news. Don't concern yourself with "the perils" of going anywhere in NYC. The odds of being totally safe are way in your favor. We're not even on the short list of dangerous cities anymore. I plan to shoot in Times Square one night next week. And I'd love to spend some time sitting at a cafe table in Paris, something I've done many times in the past. 

Edo, stop it at once!!! I'm meant to be working forgawdsakes, not bathing in memories of an enchanting visit to NYC (with truly scintillating local company . . .  :) ) and the magic of wandering about Paris on many a Spring evening.

dd

I use G+ as my Blog, as it ties up with my website and most importantly Google Maps, Its horrible to use and nowhere as usable as FB, but they constantly change it. The latest changes seem to be a real step backwards for posting and viewing images.

https://plus.google.com/106814313685299525386

Curiouser and curiouser. Poking around on both my blog sites just now, I find that the situation is worse, more complicated, than I first noticed. 

Going into the areas of control, looking for a some possible adjustments to make, instead I found more problems. In the list of all my blogs, I found other people's blogs, several by Darrell Young, who many of you might be familiar with. (I won't name the other person.) What a mess. 

Normally, usually, a major company who produces software announces a change, an update, and invites users to make the change or not. Okay, that's probably so with apps we pay for; I decided to use Google's free software . . . and these changes have happened without my knowledge. 

Dyn, how long have you had your Google blog? I've had Mulberry Street since the summer of 2010.

Edo 

I set it up my blog in 2014, February that year was the first post. Format has remained unchanged since then. I like simple! Like my website. No whizz bangs. I first wrote my website way way long ago before there were programmes like Dreamweaver or web sites to buy designs from. I had to learn basic HTML and still do the odd tweak in that although I use Dreamweaver now very simply to make changes and additions and it does all I want. 

Archived