Upload problem today?

Hi All,

I have been trying to upload a stock batch via the normal upload route for the past five hours and have now given up for the day !

Have tried Safari and Chrome on the Mac and IE on the laptop but getting the same results…..so so slow and then freezing on a file which pausing/resuming doesn't resolve. The files that the uploading freezes on open without any problems/corruption etc.

Have emailed member services as when I checked in track submissions, despite cancelling the uploads and clearing the batch….those that uploaded are now awaiting QC…….and as they upload in a random order and there is no way to see what has uploaded and what has not…..will be a nightmare trying to cross check in manage images later….not to mention the time wasted.

Is anyone else having upload problems as my internet is fine on other web sites?

Thanks in advance !

Philippe, have you checked your QC queue? I uploaded late last Thursday night and they usually clear at latest by the following evening but no word for days; finally checked my submissions page, as mail isn't always sent on passing, and the upload was not shown it had disappeared. Have uploaded again last night and they now appear in the queue.

Regards

Joe

Philippe, have you checked your QC queue? I uploaded late last Thursday night and they usually clear at latest by the following evening but no word for days; finally checked my submissions page, as mail isn't always sent on passing, and the upload was not shown it had disappeared. Have uploaded again last night and they now appear in the queue.

Regards

Joe

The batch from Friday uploaded normally and they were visible when I checked "Track your submissions" but it seems they are still in the "Awaiting QC" queue. Ah well, happened numerous times before  :rolleyes: Shouldn't be anything to worry about  ^_^

Cheers,

Philippe

Mine are still waiting from Friday. Same happened last weekend and they all passed eventually so I'm not panicking yet.

Pearl

I could not upload the last  image of the day yesterday evening,  but this morning it uploaded  fine. Definitely something wrong with Alamy upload  yesterday, as it was stalling and sticking! I've had  a few images stuck in "processing" mode too for a few days!

Tried again late last night and left the upload to take care of itself or not……and the whole lot did upload overnight…..maybe there were a lot of submissions going on yesterday ! Hoping the first two partial submissions can be removed as it will be quite time consuming to delete the duplicates !

Alas subs can't be deleted. From experience, interrupted subs do go through as however many images and you just have to live with it.

If you now have a complete set it will appear first in MI so hopefully you can just count along to the end and immediately delete everything else.

Do give FTP a try if you have it. it's supposed to remove this sort of problem. But it can take a couple of hours for FTP upload to appear in 'Track subs'.

Thanks Mark….I guess I will have to live with it !

I do have FTP but have not given it a try as yet….maybe I should !

It's very quick for me so far. It does require confidence, though, to drag and drop with no opportunity for second thoughts.

I have been trying to upload first via Safari, now Firefox and a couple manage to squeak by on the fifth attempt but most fail completely. It's so time-consuming. I've managed to get about 6 uploaded in the past 2 hours. I'm trying to keep track so I don't end up with a bunch of duplicates which is what usually happens. 

I had trouble with FTP in the past - mostly because it took hours to show up and I did the same huge news batch 3x thinking they didn't upload - but think that I may give FTP a go again for whatever photos don't make it through on this batch.

I had my fist QC fail in a couple of years on my last batch and will be really frustrated if there are issues with these after all this time and hard work. I have some cyanotype flowers in the batch (a customer want I saw so figured why not, it's certainly an "undersupplied" niche) but hope the processing doesn't get them bumped. I rarely bother with much of my more creative stuff for that reason - and tend to stick with tack-sharp editorial stuff but I've sold concept photos here and would love to get more variety into my portfolio. 

I'm on a different computer hoping the batch is still uploading from the other one LOL

Regular upload still n.g. but Cyberduck appears to be uploading - it's slower than I'd expected (it said 10 minutes for 7 images and hasn't gone down) but fingers crossed it'll get them there. I realized I probably will end up with a couple of duplicates because in track images it looks like a few more made it but I think FTP will be the way to go from now on. It took me over two hours to upload just 10 images using the regular upload route, so 10 minutes is a breeze by comparison. 

Glad I checked out this thread. The last time I used FTP was for News images and I didn't know you could now use it for any kind of upload, so thanks! 

EDIT:

The FTP Upload is already showing in Track Submissions. Hopefully tomorrow they will all pass :)

Archived