Alamy Lightroom Plugin - 404 ERROR

I use the plugin all the time; key worded about twenty images this morning and then uploaded another ten with no problem. 

But for what ever reason the plug in now only works on three images at a time - uploading or any other function!  If works fine, but only three at a time!!

Have you upgraded to theAugust 9th Release? (yesterday), doing this solved the problem for me.

Jim emailed me....

I was having 404 errors so I downloaded the August 9th Release this evening. Now it says my license has expired and it only updates 3 photos at a time.

Going back to the earlier version doesn't seem to be a viable option but I'm not sure I want to spend another $40 unless there are some new features.

fD

Is this still a live product, or one that is stumbling towards extinction?  The YouTube video link does not work, and although I have looked at the site several times, the Live Support has always been offline.  Nor is there any mention on the site of later versions of Lightroom such as 6 and CC.  The manual seems to have been written in March 2012 with Lightroom 4 as the latest version.

I am tempted to find something to manage keywords, the bane of my life, but I wonder whether this product would help with my existing uploads to Alamy (about 8,000 of them)?  When I started contributing to Alamy, I exported JPEGs from Lightroom, upoaded, then keyworded online, meaning that none of my earlier images on my hard drive have any keywords at all.  And I always renamed the JPEGs after export but before upload, so that the names as uploaded to Alamy do not reflect the original file name (I retain the original out-of-camera RAW file name).  Each batch was named only for that upload batch (such as "dog01", "dog02" etc).  Then the next batch of files might also contain different images also called "dog01", dog02" for that batch, and then to avoid a file name conflict, the OS renamed these to "dog01(1)" etc. when they were later copied to my archive folder after passing QC, so that now the JPEGs on my hard drive do not even necessarily have the same names as they had when uploaded to Alamy.  The RAW files for all images uploaded to Alamy are, however, contained in a collection in Lightroom and are therefore identifiable, at least by me.  I think it would take a miracle for any piece of software now to be able to marry up the files which are on Alamy with the RAW files as catalogued in Lightroom, and the manual does not seem to me to offer much hope that matching will be possible in these circumstances.  Does anyone who uses the plugin know whether or not this is in fact achievable?

More recently I have keyworded in Lightroom before exporting the JPEGs and then adjusted the keywords online after QC, but even now it is rare for the keywords as exported from Lightroom to match exactly the keywords as exported, because I can rarely, if ever, resist the urge to add or delete a few keywords as I get the images online.  I still rename the files after export but before upload, although to more uniquely identifiable names which are less laikely ot have to be chnged when the uploaded files are archived.

I know that £25 is not a great deal of money if it does not work, but I would be interested to know whether people think that this might be able to connect my existing 8,000 images to their RAW originals in Lightroom, so that I can keep amended keywords up to date through Lightroom for my entire portfolio (as opposed to just the new images I upload in the future), and whether this is a utility that is likely to keep on going for the foreseeable future with updates to reflect changes in Lightroom and in Alamy when they happen.

All comments gratefully received.

Graham

Graham,

As of this week, the initial license is £25 ($40 US) and yearly updates are £5 ($8.50 US) I'm currently using it with Lightroom 5.7

The program is really intended for people who are just beginning to upload to Alamy. Images previously uploaded to Alamy will probebly need to be matched up. If the file names are the same the plug-in will fetch metatags from Alamy and attempt to match them. If they're different you'll probably have to go back and change the file names on your computer.

My usual work-flo involves doing preliminary corrections in Lightroom and then finishing off in CS6. Then I save jpgs from CS6 in a separate folder and upload via the web. The plug-in will upload images directly from Lightroom to Alamy but it doesn't support Live News, Archive or Reportage, and it doesn't seem to fetch data from Stockimo images.

The plug-in is good for tracking which images you have on Alamy, which have sold, and the  gross amounts for each image. I find it quite useful when I go back through my archive to find images I didn't upload the first time around.

fD

I do connect my raw images to alamy.

My alamy export from Lightroom adds a prefix to my Lightroom file name to the jpg which is then uploaded. (Not via the plug in)

Once the images are approved, you can use the "fetch" option to match images up, the plugin understands prefixes and suffixes and so matches the raw ok.

I emailed the developer over the bug and he fixed it within 24 hours...

I guess the manual is old but basically it looks as though the developer does not see the need to add any further options and therefore the manual does not need updating. It works with 6/CC fine...

• 2 weeks later...

A 404 error means that there's some kind of a communications error. 404 actually means 'Not Found'..meaning that the software is trying to communicate with another computer which it cannot find. Quite often this is due to a temporary problem in the computer network/internet so you might find that if you try again another day, it might work.

A 404 error means that there's some kind of a communications error. 404 actually means 'Not Found'..meaning that the software is trying to communicate with another computer which it cannot find. Quite often this is due to a temporary problem in the computer network/internet so you might find that if you try again another day, it might work.

Or Alamy somehow changed their configuration. We all seem to be getting the same error though I doubt we've all tried on the same day. As soon as I installed the August 9th update I had no problem connecting.

fD

Archived