Re-uploading improved Post Processed images

My post processing skills have jumped by leaps and bounds since I first started uploading to Alamy 2 years ago. There are some images which are just plain flat and boring. Some way too dark (before I got a calibrated monitor) and others that could just use a little push.

Since the two images will look different, should I leave the old images up anyway, or have them deleted (a couple of the ones I am improving have sold, surprisingly). I would probably leave the ones that have sold in the past still on Alamy.

With the more saturated subjects, making my images stronger seems a good idea.

Would you keep the old images that have not sold still in the portfolio?

Jill

Hi Jill

I would keep the ones that have been zoomed or sold,  and replace the others. 

I had one image which was of an old document which had quite a yellow colour cast which I then replaced with one with less of a cast - interestingly the older version still sells more than the newer one!

Also be aware of updating images from older cameras which passed QC in their day but would now fail due to SoLD

Kumar

Hi Jill

I would keep the ones that have been zoomed or sold,  and replace the others. 

I had one image which was of an old document which had quite a yellow colour cast which I then replaced with one with less of a cast - interestingly the older version still sells more than the newer one!

Also be aware of updating images from older cameras which passed QC in their day but would now fail due to SoLD

Kumar

These are all taken with the same kit I had then.

Jill

Perhaps you could use Alamy Measures data to see if they are worthwhile uploading? Similar to what Kumar said and look at zooms and views.

You could maybe do a batch of twenty. Put them in your main pseudo and move the others to a second pseudo. Then keep an eye on how they perform relative to each other before uploading more.

Michael

Never been zoomed; never been sold: out with the old, in with the new.

The rest: look at it case by case. Like Kumar, I have new ones without zooms even, while old ones still sell. If an image has been sold before, take a look at the details: if there's the slightest chance of a re-sell, keep it and mention the new ref# in the keywords and description. (I would do that in all cases btw.)

In any case, as Michael says: use AoA. And have a good hard look at the competition.  Why do your images stand out? Sometimes it may be because they're not over-saturated ;-)

wim

I've done a lot of this recently. I used to delete all keywords from the old versions so they wouldn't be found but I now just assign them to my 'delete' pseudonym and let them sit there for 6 months. Weirdly, that pseudo has the highest CTR at the moment.

The news versions have started getting zooms, not sure I've had any sales yet.

Archived