I've noticed an increase in multiple zooms of the same images during the last few months, including one that has been zoomed four times this month but not leased. Any theories about why a potential buyer might zoom an image several times and then walk away?

I'm assuming they are usually from the same customer because they are often of images that haven't gotten a lot of attention in the past. But who knows. I guess no one else has seen an increase in multiple zooms lately. Hopefully, it isn't Brazil calling.

I've noticed something similar - not four times though, usually twice, the second time being by image number, which I take as a good sign.

No sales resulting for me either yet - but two or three months down the line, who knows?

I've noticed something similar - not four times though, usually twice, the second time being by image number, which I take as a good sign.

No sales resulting for me either yet - but two or three months down the line, who knows?

I've had images zoomed twice and three times during the past few months with no resulting sales. Could be just a sticky mouse, I suppose. Time will tell.

I have one image that was zoomed a couple times last year, once by a search term and the second time by specific image number and no sale.  Last month the same image was zoomed three more times by specific ID number in 30 days and still no license...I guess selling stock is a patience game.  This image is of an antiquity in a museum so I doubt it will ever be in high demand and I expect the zooms are all by the same potential client.

I have one image that was zoomed a couple times last year, once by a search term and the second time by specific image number and no sale.  Last month the same image was zoomed three more times by specific ID number in 30 days and still no license...I guess selling stock is a patience game.  This image is of an antiquity in a museum so I doubt it will ever be in high demand and I expect the zooms are all by the same potential client.

You never know. Antiquities in museums have been some of my best sellers. In fact, my first license through Alamy in 2007 was just such an image. It was part of my initial submission of 10 images and has resold several times since then.

In a case like this I always follow up with a search on Google Images after a couple of weeks.

wim

I got multiple zooms of the same image which resulted in multiple sales. Won't go in too much detail but it had to do with the Battle of Waterloo bicentennial anniversary.

Cheers,

Phiippe

It was a photo of Napoleon Bonaparte?

wim

It could be a few potential buyers. I just had another zoom this week of an image I've sold 3 times recently of a fairly obscure location - licensed direct from my own website in March, then Alamy licensed it to a buyer in April and I sold an FAA print of the same photo last month - all to different people and now it's been zoomed again, so you never know.  B)

I've also had a few with two zooms lately where the second is by file number - one of them was licensed so fingers crossed the other will be too. I also tend to do a google images and tineye search when they come up like that if a sale doesn't show after a while.

Archived