CR removal in elements 12

Yes 12 comes with ACR. Images need to be RAW to access it.

Allan

You can set ACR to load jpegs. Its in the little blue link bar below the photo. Click on it and you can set ACR to load jpgs.

Jill

There's an inexpensive CA-removal plugin for Elements called PTLens. It works on TIFs and JPEGs (not sure about RAW). I believe you can download a trial version.

This was mentioned a while ago. I did use it for a short while in the early days of my contributing to Alamy and found after CA adjustment using the program it was necessary to do a slight crop of all the edges of the image as it left horrid blue, green and yellow edges.

Allan

ACR in PS Elements is far from the full ACR. Several tools and options are missing (probably including Lens Corrections of which the CA removal is a part). An easy way to find out would be to download the trial (now V13).

There's an inexpensive CA-removal plugin for Elements called PTLens. It works on TIFs and JPEGs (not sure about RAW). I believe you can download a trial version.

This was mentioned a while ago. I did use it for a short while in the early days of my contributing to Alamy and found after CA adjustment using the program it was necessary to do a slight crop of all the edges of the image as it left horrid blue, green and yellow edges.

Allan

Yes, that can happen occasionally if you have to make big CA corrections (or if you over-correct). I found PTLens very handy when I was scanning a lot of 35mm slides. I still use it now and then.

Archived