How do I get paid? I made 2 sales.

It will take some time and it will happen automatically. When Alamy actually receives the money for the sales your $125 will appear as a cleared balance. Then on the first of the next month your money will automatically transfer. Some sales clear in a month or two but some can take 3 or 4 months. Distributor sales can take longer. You might want to reread the Alamy information for contributors.

Paulette

You won't get paid until the client pays Alamy.  That can easily take 3 months and beyond.  If you have not been paid after 90 days, make a nice inquiry to MS along the lines of "This image was sold on such and such date, has it been paid for by the client?

Betty

You all know that you can just see if the client has paid Alamy, don't you?

Go to your My Alamy dashboard.

The first line under Overview is something like this:

Current Cleared Balance: $xxx  We'll pay you on 01 Jul 2015.

(-well it's not bold)

If you want to see which images have been paid and which are still pending,

click on the Build a downloadable sales report button and set the dates for the period you want to look at.

Be sure to set the second date to tomorrow, or next week.

Now cycle through date of invoice; date cleared and date paid, to see which have been sold; paid to Alamy and paid to you.

wim

Go to My Alamy, click on the Account Settings tab and make sure all the payment info is entered correctly. 

Those of us in the US have a choice between PayPal and ACH Direct Deposit.

Once you have a cleared balance of $75 or more, you'll received an email around the first of the months advising you of payment.

Hi Larry

Really great images in your port. I am kind of envious.

To boost sales I would work a little bit on the captions and keywording. Allow the caption to be a short description instead, and sometimes add more keywords. Also remember that "dog" doesn't automatically add "dogs" as a keyword, etc.

Though a a somewhat darkish style seems to work for these images, there are a few ones  where I would lift the shadows a little bit..

I know you didn't ask for this, but sometimes people here interfere more than you ask for. :)

Hope it is okay? :)

Niels

I will add a bit to what Niels said. It can be important to add the latin names of wildlife in your captions and keywords. I see you live in beautiful, amazing Alaska. Occasionally someone searches for a location in Alaska. Lake Clark was searched recently so that can be helpful also. Congratulations on the sales.

Paulette

OK, Thanks a lot. Ill try and work on my captions and keywording. I put the pics on there like 2 years ago, and finally made two sales in a week. The long timwe before my first sale sort of made me lose enthusaism, but if I get the chance, Ill work on it.

Ill make sure my bank details are correct, and sometime this winter, Ill get a $125!

Archived