Payment for newspaper use?

I'm new to stock/microstock and have been uploading here since February.  I just found one of my Alamy shots online in a May 7, 2015 article in "The Telegraph."  I'm thrilled to see it, but I don't see the sale in my Alamy account.  Shouldn't I?  This is clearly a newbie question, but I'm baffled.  Thanks for any help.

Newspaper uses can take weeks or even months to appear as sales and probably even longer to actually appear as a cleared payment in your account. I don't have any experience of sales to the Telegraph myself, but I would suggest you don't need to worry for a while yet. If nothing shows up after a couple of months you may want to contact Member Services.

Newspaper uses can take weeks or even months to appear as sales and probably even longer to actually appear as a cleared payment in your account. I don't have any experience of sales to the Telegraph myself, but I would suggest you don't need to worry for a while yet. If nothing shows up after a couple of months you may want to contact Member Services.

Thank you so much, Joseph.  I can be patient (as well as happy).

The Telegraph and a number of other newspapers bill once a month for the previous months usage. Then Alamy issue the invoice and it shows up as sale - this is usually, in my experience, towards the end of the month with Telegraph sales. It usually then clears about a month after that.

So depending when in the month it is placed in the newspaper it can appear ages until it is reported. If it's early in the month and just missed the previous monthly billing, like yours was, it can seem a long time until it shows in your account as a sale - likely towards the end of June. And as Joseph says don't worry if it doesn't show up for a couple of months, as it can sometimes not appear for 3/4 months, member services ask that you wait 3 months until contacting them.

Hope that helps!

I've had two sales through this scheme and both have taken closer to six months to clear. After the worry of the first one I now know that I just have to be patient - and hope that further sales will follow!

Archived