Just picked up a 2015 Calendar from my local insurance agent.  They give these out for free to customers each year, and I discovered in the credits that four of the monthly pictures were from Alamy.  The name of the calendar is Scenes of Southeast USA.  After looking through it guess I need get busy as that is me Southeast. 

I have licensed rather weird images for calendar purposes, industrial sites, law courts and the like. There's no accounting for taste, and impossible to predict what they want - but I'm not complaining.

About twenty years ago or more, a b&w photographic paper manufacturer used my images on their calendar and offered - in lieu of monetary payment - free paper for a number of years. It was very good paper that I was using at the time so I agreed. It coincided with a big upturn in my print sales, projects and exhibitions so I ended up with far more in value that  reproduction fees would have given me. Not sure they realised at the time quite how much I might use but to be fair to them, they stuck to their agreement. 

About 15 to 20 years ago a good percentage of my photo licences were for calendar usage, mainly from direct licensing of 5x4 and 6x6 transparencies to the calendar manufacturers.  Most of those companies have now disappeared.    I still licence for calendar usage, both directly and through Alamy, but the fees obtained now are considerably less.

Archived