Image subscriptions

Hello fellow photographers,

What do you think. Will Alamy go into subscription image sales in future? At least for the RF images?

Do you think it is a good idea or not?

Mirco

The bad part of selling subscription rate images it makes it very difficult to pursue copyright infringers and on collecting a decent rate if it's an RM image sold for pennies under subscription.

With some agencies I am with,my images are tagged,NO SUBSCRIPTION SALES

L

The bad part of selling subscription rate images it makes it very difficult to pursue copyright infringers and on collecting a decent rate if it's an RM image sold for pennies under subscription.

With some agencies I am with,my images are tagged,NO SUBSCRIPTION SALES

L

Yes, if Alamy did start selling subscriptions, one would hope that contributors could opt in/out.

Not only low fees under a subscription which pretty much is in opposition to what a 'Rights Managed' image is.

For some of my people subjects that have a signed release I give them a commission. If I were to make a sale at a low subscription rate,I surely would lose their friendship and trust.

So,not something I'd be interested in. Another reason I don't feel comfortable doing microstock with people photos.

L

Its all guess work. I have not seen any suggestion that Alamy is proposing to extend its existing subscription models.

Why worry about something that is not on the table or, as far as I am aware, been suggested. There are plenty of issues we DO need to be dealing with:

Search quality and keywording, price and extended licence terms, confusions over acceptable quality (Stockimo v Stock in same collection), our own individual business development, the list is endless of problem that are with us now. We ndon't need to create speculation about future problems.

I hardly have any RF anyway and it has not sold for a couple of years. Personally I am widening my horizons beyond just Alamy. Alamy and subscriptions is something I cannot even be bothered to think about at this stage; pure waste of energy.

Its all guess work. I have not seen any suggestion that Alamy is proposing to extend its existing subscription models.

Why worry about something that is not on the table or, as far as I am aware, been suggested. There are plenty of issues we DO need to be dealing with:

Search quality and keywording, price and extended licence terms, confusions over acceptable quality (Stockimo v Stock in same collection), our own individual business development, the list is endless of problem that are with us now. We ndon't need to create speculation about future problems.

I hardly have any RF anyway and it has not sold for a couple of years. Personally I am widening my horizons beyond just Alamy. Alamy and subscriptions is something I cannot even be bothered to think about at this stage; pure waste of energy.

Reading your post i have to say you are actually right about creating something that even isnt considered yet. I would give myself an red arrow for creating a not needed discussion. 

Let's see what future brings. I will open this topic again if there is an subscription plan.

Mirco

No need for a reddie! Life is too short to worry what might happen (90% probably never will)

As Mark Twain said:

“I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.”

and another I rather like:

“If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”
Dalai Lama XIV

No need for a reddie! Life is too short to worry what might happen (90% probably never will)

As Mark Twain said:

“I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.”

and another I rather like:

“If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”

Dalai Lama XIV

Or in the immortal words of Bob Marley:

Don't worry, be happy, mon.

What do you think. Will Alamy go into subscription image sales in future? At least for the RF images?

Mirco

Today's front page of the Alamy website... 

Hassle free - no subscriptions, no credits, no need to register! Pricing from £15.

Mirco

Today's front page of the Alamy website... 

Hassle free - no subscriptions, no credits, no need to register! Pricing from £15.

I hope despite "no registration" they are coillecting licencee details, like name, address, contact details and publication!

Archived