QC for images with motion blur - too risky to upload?

Congratulations Wim! 

I'm pleased to report mine passed yesterday as well. Thanks again to all who took the time to give me advice.

Thank you! You too!

Great colors! I envy your Miami images. Mine are all so boring. Next time I'll try to stay for the night and stay awake ;-)

wim

Lynn - those are great images.  I would not have hesitated.  Some recent images.....

I ADDED motion blur to this image in Photoshop to make the bus look like it was going faster than it actually was (note it is marked "digitally altered")

Famous-for-its-cupola-and-winding-clock-

This was the view from my hotel room - not much going on in Calgary at night but I wanted the motion blur of the lights and traffic......

Downtown-Calgary-Alberta-Canada-at-night

Lynn! wim! There are very effective meds for paranoia these days. Why on Earth would you think those images would fail QC?

D8RF7X.jpgAN3X1R.jpgAEFCFT.jpgD3N8TW.jpg

Thank you for your encouragement, but have you looked at my original? The link is in this thread somewhere. Only by heavily downsizing it, it made a fair fighting chance. We discussed before that QC actually are photographers that understand photography very well. So they will look at the sort of subject as well. That's why your taxi and bull fight will always be in the clear: it's a cliché even. A perfectly sharp and seemingly stationary taxi and bull would look really odd.

That's why I was quite a bit surprised about that water taxi of mine that got rejected. After that I had to err on the side of caution. And will have to do so for some time, if I don't want to keep all those wretched souls down there company for a month. ;-)

wim

edit: be

Congratulations Wim!

I'm pleased to report mine passed yesterday as well. Thanks again to all who took the time to give me advice.

Thank you! You too!

Great colors! I envy your Miami images. Mine are all so boring. Next time I'll try to stay for the night and stay awake ;-)

wim

Ah yes, staying awake is quite the challenge for me as well...that and the challenge of Miami traffic and parking!

By the way, there's nothing boring about your images.

Lynn - those are great images. I would not have hesitated. Some recent images.....Ed E.,

Thank you!! I'm afraid I'm like Pavlov's dog when it comes to QC though. If there is even a remote chance of failure I don't usually submit.

Lynn! wim! There are very effective meds for paranoia these days. Why on Earth would you think those images of yours would fail QC? .....Ed R.

Just goes to prove if you look close enough for long enough you can find a flaw. ????

"Thank you for your encouragement, but have you looked at my original? The link is in this thread somewhere. Only by heavily downsizing it, it made a fair fighting chance. We discussed before that QC actually are photographers that understand photography very well. So they will look at the sort of subject as well. That's why your taxi and bull fight will always be in the clear: it's a cliché even. A perfectly sharp and seemingly stationary taxi and bull would look really odd.

That's why I was quite a bit surprised about that water taxi of mine that got rejected. After that I had to err on the side of caution. And will have to do so for some time, if I don't want to keep all those wretched souls down there company for a month. ;-)" -- wim

Hey, I'm one of those wretched souls in the sin bin right now! (And I'm giving advice?) 

You are right; those images I posted above are very much blur clichés . . . and I did not see any of your stuff at 100% I was talking just about the Christmas Market image, however.

That matador is Luis Miguel Dominguin, by the way. 

I'm pleased to report that this one did indeed pass.

Alan

Merry-go-round-on-the-riverside-promenad

it's a cracking image and like you I wouldn't of doubted it passing QC, I am always confident that alamy knows their stuff and can easily tell if the blur is deliberate or maybe not..

one of my recent deliberate blurs..

St-Pauls-Cathedral-in-London-at-night-li

Archived