How do I find where my image was used?

Hi all - have just made my first sale (yay!), and am naturally curious as to where the image was actually used.

I apologise, as I guess this question has been asked a million times by others, but can someone point me in the direction as to how I can search for the image in context? The usage was for single placement on an editorial website.

Any advice gratefully received.

Jus.

Hi all - have just made my first sale (yay!), and am naturally curious as to where the image was actually used.

I apologise, as I guess this question has been asked a million times by others, but can someone point me in the direction as to how I can search for the image in context? The usage was for single placement on an editorial website.

Any advice gratefully received.

Jus.

If it is on the internet then you can try Google image search.

Pearl

Wow - thanks for the replies folks.

I have tried a Google image search as you describe John, but this only returns my images for sale on Alamy. Maybe my image wasn't credited in this format.

The image id is D2X9XD. I will have a look at Tineye - thanks for the tip Niels as I had not heard of that search engine before, and thanks for the info on the database download too Lisa - will give that a go.

Really appreciate your help with this!

Thanks again,

Jus.

It can take quite some time before it is published, e.g. a book, and even longer before it is searchable, if it ever is. You haven't mentioned what the use or country is which makes it difficult to be specific.

dov

He said it was used on an editorial website so should have been published by now

Pearl

Thanks so much for all the replies on this - I had no idea that these search tools existed!

I too have performed both searches on my image (not that I didn't believe you Lisa!) and I too draw a blank with this.

However, things have taken a fascinating turn...
I decided to run a few more of my images throught the search - ones that I had permitted for use on a website of a local fungus group, here http://www.bucksfungusgroup.org.uk/justin_long.html and also found that one of the images has been used here http://stop-news.com/2018-v-izrailskiy-les-po-griby.html without my permission. They have even cropped the image to remove my copyright and name from the bottom...

So, question now becomes what to do about this?

Any advice gratefully received once again.

Many thanks,

Jus.

Archived