Can't Sign In

Edo, did you copy/paste or re-type your temp keywords? With copy/paste sometimes there is an empty space added at the end, or even at both ends.

Looking back, when did it start locking you out? Mac/PC? Browser?

It obviously is still working for this forum. (Different log-in.) So it's not some generic fault in your system.

Have you changed your user name or email address since signing on? It just let me back in, but strangely had forgotten my user name / email address when I tested it.

wim

It's good to have a savvy, clear-thinking person like yourself on the case, Wim. 

I've written to MS. They have not answered yet. I now have a third temp password, which also does not work. I'm on a iMac and Safari. I've never used another browser with Alamy, never had to. 

I must go out now. Maybe it's some fresh air I need . . . I hope. This problem seems to be mine alone. Hmm. Thanks for your attention, wim. 

Edo (I'm reading a novel [Burr] about NYC in the early 1800s, when Harlem here was still spelled Haarlem. :) )

I'm having that problem pretty often and Alamy couldn't help. It says password is wrong and at third try I can see I'm loggen in, when I come back to Alamy home page...

Arletta! Yes, that worked on the second try. Crazy! 

John, I just cleared out my Safari cache last week, but that's always a good idea to do. 

Thank you, Bill, John, wim and Arletta. This is always a helpful forum when one finds one's self at sixes and sevens. 

It's good to have a savvy, clear-thinking person like yourself on the case, Wim. 

I've written to MS. They have not answered yet. I now have a third temp password, which also does not work. I'm on a iMac and Safari. I've never used another browser with Alamy, never had to. 

I must go out now. Maybe it's some fresh air I need . . . I hope. This problem seems to be mine alone. Hmm. Thanks for your attention, wim. 

Edo (I'm reading a novel [Burr] about NYC in the early 1800s, when Harlem here was still spelled Haarlem. :) )

Yes the original Haarlem. Got the occasional side glance when mentioning our *other* home.

White people from Harlem? Must be hardcore Clintonites. (Washingtonians sometimes have a simple outlook on the world outside the beltway.)

To see what user or email address Safari has stored for this log-in:

in Safari go to the Preferences folder with Cmnd-Comma or via the menu.

Click on the Passwords tab in the Preferences window, and you will see the full list of saved website passwords and the user names for these sites.

The password column is by default a series of dots.

To show the passwords, click the Show Passwords checkbox at the bottom of the window.

You will have to enter your administrator password for your mac.

If it's the first time you do this, there are some dialog boxes.

wim

Yes, another greenie for you, Wim, and one for Arletta who's suggestion solved my problem. 

But back to the more important subject of Dutch stuff in my town (which was once called New Amsterdam). Directly across the street from me is a brick Federal-style building built by a Dutch merchant in 1808. Of course that does not date all the way back to the time of the Dutch settlement in the 17th century, but in NYC it is a very old still usable structure. Most of the other Federal-style structures downtown date from the 1820s. 

Thank you!

Yes I know, there's Dutch around every corner. Harlem; Flushing; Brooklyn; The Battery; The Bowery; Spruyten Duyvel.

The oldest things that have survived are graves. Especially Jewish graves have survived. The oldest I believe are from the 1680-ies. Can't find a link though.

wim

Archived