Post your Stockimo sales here

Lisa

Also from Twitter, a bit less this time around :P:

ciaobucarest tours ‏@ciaobucarest  Aug 24
I just sold my @Stockimo photo for $ 17,12 on @Alamy #photography  http://www.alamy.com/stock-photos/S024ET/stockimo.html … pic.twitter.com/GK0UjufnfT

BvzTnqfIgAA2rN9.jpg

Image ref: S024ET / ???

Image ref is no longer searchable? Perhaps no longer on sale via Alamy.

New week and first sale. I just sold my first @Stockimo photo on @Alamy #photography thanks!! http://www.alamy.com/stock-photos/S02MB1/stockimo.html 

Stock Photo Shadow of a happy family

Image Ref S02MB1

Contributor Queralt Sunyer / Stockimo

Shadow_of_a_happy_family-S02MB1.jpg

Likely not sales (as they seem to be included with Alamy promotional materials or press releases):

Why would that be? I still expect to get paid for that image use you are showing! But I haven't had any news nor payment made through stockimo... should I ask Alamy about it? This was back in July, so I guess I should have received something by now, no?

Hi Mathieu-

That's a question best directed to Stockimo or Member Services directly, however you should be aware that in the Stockimo Terms and Conditions (https://www.stockimo.com/terms.html), you have granted Alamy use of submitted images in promotional materials:

7.1 You grant to Alamy a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license (with right to sub-license) to use, reproduce, distribute, and display Images within the scope of the various functionalities of Stockimo Market from time to time and within the business of Alamy, including without limitation promoting Stockimo Market or redistributing Stockimo Market in any media formats and through any media channels.

I am not sure if that applies to your case or not, but again: best to direct questions to Member Services who should be able to offer some explanation.

-Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for posting these images. My first time looking at Stockimo.

This is just my personal observation and I will accept the red arrows if that is what people think of it, but, I cannot become excited about the images as I think they are all capable of being taken using any camera not just on an iPhone.

Perhaps someone could explain the hype around Stockimo?

Sorry if I am deviating from the OPs initial intention of this thread.

Allan

EDIT: Just re-read my post and it appears to imply that the images are not good or inspirational so I must apologise as that is not what I meant to say. SORRY.

In fact the images are generally very good in my view.

I'll shut up now.

Allan

Thank you for posting these images. My first time looking at Stockimo.

This is just my personal observation and I will accept the red arrows if that is what people think of it, but, I cannot become excited about the images as I think they are all capable of being taken using any camera not just on an iPhone.

Perhaps someone could explain the hype around Stockimo?

Sorry if I am deviating from the OPs initial intention of this thread.

Allan

EDIT: Just re-read my post and it appears to imply that the images are not good or inspirational so I must apologise as that is not what I meant to say. SORRY.

In fact the images are generally very good in my view.

I'll shut up now.

Allan

Actually thats a good question "whats the big deal". It seems that Stockimo is targeting a new generation of contributors and buyers. It is targeting the Instagram generation and allowing them to start thinking about photography as a business.  Since its also a curated collection its going to match the tastes of the target audience more so than the general Alamy collection.

-Philip 

I'm a little embarrassed to admit to this one because I think it is pretty ordinary: High-contrast-cobblestones-S016B4.jpg  (My ignorance, don't know how to paste the image in) Anyway, someone was prepare to pay a reasonable pub meal's worth for it - haven't been able to track down where it has been used.  

I think that Stockimo taps into a different visual language style than mainstream stock collections, whether that is a generational thing, not sure - I certainly don't fit the profile if it is!  I have taken awhile to come around to using my iPhone camera for anything other than practical things, but now I really enjoy taking them.  Whilst a lot of the images could be replicated with a "proper" camera, I think part of the appeal is the imperfections/limitations of iPhone photography.

What I find interesting that some other agencies who have also got on the mobile photography bandwagon are very anti-filtering, etc.  I can't see the point really because if the photos should just have the look and feel of any other stock photo, makes more sense to use a "proper" camera.  Stockimo, on the other hand, seem to prefer fairly heavily manipulated images.  I sometimes find images with subtle editing get knocked back, when I ramp up the filters/editing, they get accepted.  I also find that they tend to knock back images which could have been taken better with a normal camera (e.g. most landscapes).  Will be interesting to see if the pattern continues that these sell better.

Hi Mathieu-

That's a question best directed to Stockimo or Member Services directly, however you should be aware that in the Stockimo Terms and Conditions (https://www.stockimo.com/terms.html), you have granted Alamy use of submitted images in promotional materials:

7.1 You grant to Alamy a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license (with right to sub-license) to use, reproduce, distribute, and display Images within the scope of the various functionalities of Stockimo Market from time to time and within the business of Alamy, including without limitation promoting Stockimo Market or redistributing Stockimo Market in any media formats and through any media channels.

I am not sure if that applies to your case or not, but again: best to direct questions to Member Services who should be able to offer some explanation.

-Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the info. I will ask. I guess that will teach me to read my contract !

mbm

How come there is no Alamy watermark on the image?

Are all Stockimo images on display without watermark?

Ah Lisa just beat me to it!

wim

Actually, it is watermarked. It's just really hard to see the word, but if you look carefully you'll see the Alamy.

mbm

How come there is no Alamy watermark on the image?

Are all Stockimo images on display without watermark?

Ah Lisa just beat me to it!

wim

Actually, it is watermarked. It's just really hard to see the word, but if you look carefully you'll see the Alamy.

mbm

Oh boy, and this was after cleaning my glasses.

Thank you!

wim

• 2 weeks later...

From Twitter:

Stockimo @stockimo  ·  

With Christmas shopping on 'to do' list tis good to see November's average Stockimo photo sale price currently at $114 #Stockimo #Stockistat

Archived