My New Bestseller

Ed Rooney

This image of the window of Agent Provocateur in New York's Soho area has replaced my shot of Italian gelato as my very best seller. Hey, I just snap and upload -- I have no real idea why certain subjects sell better than others. 

And by the way, my zooms have just dropped to zero and so my CTR is now zero. Please, one or two of you top buyers zoom one of my undies pics . . . it won't cost you a dime!

(Ohmygod: why am I posting this on the weekend?)

Edo

Sale-sign-in-the-window-of-Agent-Provoca

Thank you, Arletta. :)

I'm thinking of going out to a Polish restaurant in Queens for lunch . . . if they do lunch; I have to check the details. I heard the owner on the radio yesterday. Maybe you could tell me what dishes to order?  B)

I have several shots with a sale notice in the window, but for some reason this is the one that sells.  :huh:

Number of sales, Alan.

Inchiquin, "specific Polish delicacies" ... is Polish home made sausage and dill pickles! ;)

Ed, I don't know where and what "Polish restaurant in Queens" is but I have some places worth spending some time in Warsaw! Just let me know when you'll be around :)

Bestseller: BRHYDJ. I mean, just shoot and stop wondering... ;)

Inchiquin, "specific Polish delicacies" ... is Polish home made sausage and dill pickles! ;)

Thank you, Arletta. That would seem to rule me out... :). I guess visiting Poland one day would be a challenge for me too!

Alan

Linda, I have about 4 or 5 images of that shop, all taken while I was visiting my friend who owns the loft above the shop. I snapped them while waiting for him to buzz me in--no plan involved. This friend used to run A Photographer's Place, a photography book store that was in the same space where the lingerie shop is now. There are many stories in the Naked City.

Speaking of the Naked City, Arletta, Queens is one New York's five boroughs, the others being Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx and Staten Island. I tried to get into Warsaw back in the '70s, but they wouldn't accept my visa.  Do I look like I work for the CIA? The Hungarians let me into Budapest. They had tasty cuisine. 

I'm not vegan, just a 75% vegetarian. Portion control is my thing; I lost 45 lbs. last year. 

I tried to get into Warsaw back in the '70s, but they wouldn't accept my visa.  Do I look like I work for the CIA?

Of course, you do! With the beard, cap and scarf you hide your intent! :D You are just suspected... (ok, just kidding) :)

'70s? I've heard something about that period... but never about visa to Warsaw... You have great occasion to make up for lost visit here :)

:D The hat is of course a Yankee baseball cap . . . but the scarf, that might cause some trouble at the border. It's Khmer, Cambodian, and I've had it a long time. If it were red and white instead of navy and white, it would be the scarf the Khmer Rouge wore. Hmm. That does have a back-street CIA feel to it. Ah, CIA, KGB, Stasi, Khmer Rouge . . . we're all pals now.  ;)  Na zdrowie!

Archived