Stockimo and DSLR Images

Rob Smith

I process both DSLR and Phone images on both my Iphone and Ipad. Up to now they have just been images chosen on their respective merits and the "tool" did not matter in the final outcome.

Now with Stockimo I'm having to create two entirely separate workflows for images that end up together in the same search on Alamy anyway.

Ah well, one must do what one must do, but the logic does baffle me a bit.

Luckily I only had to delete 4 out of 105 from Stockimo.

It was ambigous at best - even today the Stockimo page still states "Select images from your iPhone, add captions, tag and upload them to Stockimo."  My emphasis.

"From" not "taken by" your iphone.

My workflow includes EyeFi jpgs to the phone and the RAW images to Lightroom, but also phone images to Lightroom as no app handles noise reduction as well.

And the Exif data with original camera info was included on the 4 images I deleted today.

All passed QA - one even got a 4.

Think this is a bit of clarity being added after the launch.

From Stockimo.com:

What type of images do you want?

We want cool images taken on your phone. What you take is up to you. We want you to shoot what you love and be as creative and adventurous as you like. We want interesting places and happenings; we want Stockimo users to document the world.

As far as I can recall, this is unchanged from the launch.

(post deleted - I was being snarky)

Hi Ms Snarky!  :D

Do people ever tell you that your photo resembles a young Meg Ryan?

But to stay somewhat on topic,is anyone submitting photos from the iPhone 4 and are they being accepted?

L

I LOVE you, Linda!

Back when I was the age my daughter is now, I was kindly-beyond-the-point-of-reason compared to a couple of blond, girl next door actresses. But when I taught, my students much more realistically told me I looked like the moms on cereal boxes. :D

But to stay somewhat on topic,is anyone submitting photos from the iPhone 4 and are they being accepted?

L

From Stockimo.com:

What type of images do you want?

We want cool images taken on your phone. What you take is up to you. We want you to shoot what you love and be as creative and adventurous as you like. We want interesting places and happenings; we want Stockimo users to document the world.

As far as I can recall, this is unchanged from the launch.

But . . . will I be able to fly First Class? (Snarky is as snarky does.) 

L

Hey Linda,

About half of my Stockimo photos were taken on an iPhone 3gs that I had been storing on my hard drive. Since Apple released a security update for older phones, it now runs iOS 6.1.6

So if your older phone can run the app then your iPhone photos should be meet the basic criteria.

L

Iphone 4 pics are fine, I have had a few on stockimo and others on a commercial outlet (which I see has one here in general collection).

Richard, I think you are perpetuating the confusion!

Julie said: "I thought it was clear from the start that only images taken on the phone should be filed to stockimo..."

to which you replied "Looked pretty clear to me Julie, i.e. we want pictures taken on an iPhone please"

Isn't the correct statement that i) Images should be taken on a mobile phone and ii) Images should be uploaded via the iPhone or iPad App...

... which opens up the possibility for us 2nd class Android phone users to contribute to stockimo, albeit by jumping through a couple of hoops!!

Did anyone else get this email from Alamy/Stockimo last week? 

Stockimo Amnesty

Most of you know this already but Stockimo is an app for mobile photography. Sorry but cameras are cheating when it comes to Stockimo. Throughout August we're holding a Stockimo amnesty. It's a chance for all those people who've uploaded camera photos to Stockimo to clear their conscience by deleting your camera photos from your Stockimo app - you know who you are ;-) So, what are you waiting for? Delete your camera photos now and find a renewed sense of inner-calm and a Stockimo app full of (just) mobile phone photos! In September we'll be sweeping the Stockimo collection to delete all the camera photos that are left - don't say we didn't warn you! 

I'm a member of Stockimo but haven't uploaded any images, so I'm not guilty...

Mark

Archived