Can't get Alamy on Safari...

I am using Firefox right now as I can't get Alamy with Safari. Is it just me? I don't understand computers well enough to know what to do about this. I emailed member services and would like to show my screen here in hopes someone can guide me but can't figure out how to do it. I took a screenshot but don't know how to add it since it isn't online anywhere. Will try copy and paste. That did it. Line 30 is in red.

Paulette

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 28:                 for (int i = 0; i < cookies.Count; i++)
Line 29:                 {
Line 30:                     if (cookies.Name.ToUpper().IndexOf("ASPSESSIONID") == 0)
Line 31:                     {
Line 32:                         helper.SetCookie(cookies.Name, "", "", "/", DateTime.Parse("Nov 13 1986").ToString());

Source File: c:\Alamy\WEB\App_Code\Homepage.cs    Line: 30

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Alamy.Homepage..ctor() in c:\Alamy\WEB\App_Code\Homepage.cs:30
   ASP.default_aspx..ctor() in c:\Alamy\WEB\default.aspx:23
   __ASP.FastObjectFactory_app_web_default_aspx_cdcab7d2_bj25nwva.Create_ASP_default_aspx() in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\85e31520\e90fbacf\App_Web_default.aspx.cdcab7d2.bj25nwva.1.cs:0
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledType.CreateInstance() +32
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp) +109
   System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +31
   System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +40
   System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +167
   System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +128
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Interesting. If I go to discussion.alamy.com I can get here. But if I try to go to the homepage from here I get the same error. Member services has sent my email to the technical people. Kind of nice that I'm not alone in this. At least it looks like I haven't done anything WRONG. I think I would have been great at this when I was young but now I just feel incompetent most of the time. Thanks, losdemas. I am on a Mac.

Paulette

Archived