Have you found any Alamy photographs May 2014

Times 14th

P4 E0G86T Reculver, Kent, UK 13th May 2014: Dawn at Reculver towers in Kent at low tide. The forecast for Tuesday is for showery weather and some bright spells. © Alan Payton/Alamy Live News

The weather forecast counts as live news? This could be a way of by-passing QC: give every image a caption relating to the weather forecast and put it up on Alamy Live News.

It

Times 14th

P4 E0G86T Reculver, Kent, UK 13th May 2014: Dawn at Reculver towers in Kent at low tide. The forecast for Tuesday is for showery weather and some bright spells. © Alan Payton/Alamy Live News

The weather forecast counts as live news? This could be a way of by-passing QC: give every image a caption relating to the weather forecast and put it up on Alamy Live News.

It would still have to have been shot in the previous 48hours to qualify for the News route. I suspect your idea would get spotted with consequences eventually.

Times 14th

You don't get news access until you have a good QC record. I didn't get one for nearly 3 years and 2500 images.

14/05/2014, UK, Guardian G2, p3, Santa Maria, ANJB3Y, Photo Art Collection (PAC) [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
14/05/2014, UK, Guardian G2, 11, Methamphetamine, AEF7J8, Mikael Karlsson [Cutout. No credit - poss not via Alamy]

Times 14th

Firstly, thank you to Bryan for finding this ( and all the others that search out images as well ), a Greenie and a Gold star on it's way, and to think I nearly canned yesterday morning as the clouds didn't break up as much as I hoped!

Gruffydd, news happens every day - just like the weather! It could be stormy weather, or it could be calm tranquil weather, either way it can be newsworthy.

Live news is edited by a team, and you will be caught out, upload privileges could be taken away or photos can be bumped to normal QC, which if you are in the sin bin will still have the same result of a fail. Why would you want to bypass QC though? It's a few days wait and not that difficult to pass, just for the record I have never failed QC, I have a 100% pass rate. If you have a certain degree of professional pride you should accept the rules, abide by them and not try to find ways of circumventing them. I apply these standards to all my images.

The live news team do send email messages of encouragement to keep supplying photos or of newspaper usages  and I've had a phone call from them - it's not just a faceless operation, Jessica and the team work hard at live news, it's not just an easy option.

Apologies to all for cluttering up what is a very useful thread for reporting uses with idle chit-chat in reply to some who want to try and cheat the system!

Guardian Online, May 14
D2E6YR, PhotosIndia.com LLC/Alamy

D2E6YR.jpg

Dalgety Bay, Fife, CE9HPH, Michael Mercer/Alamy
CE9HPH.jpg

DFBYCF, Scrabble/Alamy
DFBYCF.jpg

Clipless pedal, A29DEJ, Seb Rogers/Alamy
A29DEJ.jpg

Crocodile tail, BAW29N, Beata Moore (Alamy credit only)
BAW29N.jpg

AC1XDX, Westend61/Alamy
AC1XDX.jpg

Times 14th

Firstly, thank you to Bryan for finding this ( and all the others that search out images as well ), a Greenie and a Gold star on it's way, and to think I nearly canned yesterday morning as the clouds didn't break up as much as I hoped!

Gruffydd, news happens every day - just like the weather! It could be stormy weather, or it could be calm tranquil weather, either way it can be newsworthy.

Live news is edited by a team, and you will be caught out, upload privileges could be taken away or photos can be bumped to normal QC, which if you are in the sin bin will still have the same result of a fail. Why would you want to bypass QC though? It's a few days wait and not that difficult to pass, just for the record I have never failed QC, I have a 100% pass rate. If you have a certain degree of professional pride you should accept the rules, abide by them and not try to find ways of circumventing them. I apply these standards to all my images.

The live news team do send email messages of encouragement to keep supplying photos or of newspaper usages  and I've had a phone call from them - it's not just a faceless operation, Jessica and the team work hard at live news, it's not just an easy option.

Apologies to all for cluttering up what is a very useful thread for reporting uses with idle chit-chat in reply to some who want to try and cheat the system!

Wow. Perhaps I should have put a smiley face or something to show I was joking - it clearly didn't come across in my post, so I apologise. I, too, have a pretty good record with QC (on an admittedly much smaller collection) and take a great deal of care to try and ensure that the images I submit are likely to pass. I have no intention of trying to circumvent the rules or cheat the system, and I think it is a pretty big leap to go from the comment I posted to your assertion, to be honest. I certainly wish I hadn't posted this now, but I am surprised at the reaction.

And yes, I do understand that weather can be newsworthy, I was just intrigued/tickled/amused that the caption for your excellent photo was the forecast for the following day. :)

Gruffydd, I'm not quite sure why you think it was incorrectly captioned? That's a requirement of news to have the correct details.

It was photographed about 5.30am 13th May, uploaded before 9am 13th May - captioned 13th May with the location and the brief details of the weather for that day 13th May which was a Tuesday unless I'm living in a different time zone to everyone else in the UK.

It was then printed in the Times for Wednesday 14th ( because Tuesday 13th was already printed ) they have used the location but have written an article around it.

I'll put a smiley face in as well :)

Apologies again cluttering up the thread.

Mail Online 14th

C1CYGP Botastock images Drug dealer is hiding packet of heroin or cocaine behind his back. ..
CPT142 eye35 nottingham crown court city centre Nottinghamshire England UK GB EU Europe
CT4RPJ Christopher Stewart young girl sitting on a window sill with head in hands looking depressed.
AH0DYY Odilon Dimier Male doctor walking in hospital corridor, cropped rear view
BM26PJ Glow Wellness RM 84 Rear view of a doctor standing at the corridor

AY477C  acestock   Female Law Officer Phone Policewoman Talking Uk

Homes & Property

14 MAY 2014

Attractive package: Nyhavn historic tourist district in Copenhagen, Denmark. The country’s tenants enjoy regulated rents.

Image: Alamy (Can’t find it. Anyone want to look?)

http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property-news/rentals/can-europe-provide-answer-londons-private-rental-nightmare

MSN

The 10 weirdest tourist attractions in the world

http://travel.ca.msn.com/the-10-weirdest-tourist-attractions-in-the-world-3

California’s life-size dinosaurs, Cabazon, California

LHB PHOTO / ALAMY

BAFT9D.jpg

England’s Gnome Reserve, North Devon, United Kingdom

ASHLEY COOPER PICS / ALAMY

BKCCBJ.jpg

Australia’s Big Lobster, Kingston SE, Australia

UNITED ARCHIVES GMBH / ALAMY

AMHMN1.jpg

Iceland’s phallus museum, Húsavík, Iceland

MICHAEL DWYER / ALAMY

BCEX4A.jpg

South Africa’s big pineapple, Bathurst, South Africa

AFRICA MEDIA ONLINE / ALAMY

D8XY2W.jpg

England’s Petrifying Well, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom

THE DANIEL HEIGHTON TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY COLLECTION / ALAMY

AJDBHR.jpg

14/05/2014, UK, London Evening Standard [Property section], p7, St Bartholomew the Great, BNPN4T, Eric Nathan [Alamy credit only]
14/05/2014, UK, London Evening Standard [Property section], p8, Nyhavn, D4M9T6, Aleksandar Mijatovic [Alamy credit only]
14/05/2014, UK, London Evening Standard, p47, tourists & stingrays, 629FP, Oliver Gerhard [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
14/05/2014, UK, London Evening Standard, p47, church on Little Cayman, CY7P6G, Jaime Pharr [RF & no credit - poss not new sale via Alamy]
14/05/2014, UK, London Evening Standard, p47, Iguana warning sign on Little Cayman, B5WCPG, Stephen Frink [No credit - poss not via Alamy]

EDIT:  Just realised that the Nyhavn shot above is the print version of the online shot Lisa mentioned.

Steve

Guardian Online, May 15
Sao Cristovao bar, São Paulo, CN5WBN, Jean-Claude Amiel (Alamy credit only)

CN5WBN.jpg

Variety of caipirinhas at the Veloso bar, São Paulo, CR3R5M, Diego Lazama (Alamy credit only)
CR3R5M.jpg

CPEDKT, Thomas Baker/Alamy
CPEDKT.jpg

AMNNHX, Tony Watson/Alamy
AMNNHX.jpg

15/05/2014, UK, Guardian G2, p9, food information, A4744J, Steven May
15/05/2014, UK, Guardian G2, p9, blueberries, CFF6XT, David Cook / blueshiftstudios [used 3x.  RF & no credit - poss not new sale via Alamy]

June 2014 Issue, UK, NFU Countryside, p40, champion bull at Carlisle Auction, C9TPC2, Wayne HUTCHINSON [Alamy credit only]
June 2014 Issue, UK, NFU Countryside, p41, Beltex sheep at show, DN4PP9, Wayne HUTCHINSON [Alamy credit only]
June 2014 Issue, UK, NFU Countryside, p62, stables, A0E5EK, Chris Rose/PropertyStock [Alamy credit only]
June 2014 Issue, UK, NFU Countryside, p62, stables, A28AG6, Chris Rose/PropertyStock [Alamy credit only]
June 2014 Issue, UK, NFU Countryside, p72, Gelert's Grave at Beddgelert, BFR0FF, Ian Pilbeam [Alamy credit only]
June 2014 Issue, UK, NFU Countryside, p72, boy eating worm, B6DRXD, IAN BODDY/SPL [Alamy credit only]
June 2014 Issue, UK, NFU Countryside, p77, padlock on farm gate, DA49W3, FLPA [Alamy credit only]

Mail online 15th Travel Mail

The ultimate bucket list
CEAGR0 - Steffen Binke / redbrickstock.com
AW96RW - Phil Degginger
DC5GHR - Atlantide S.N.C / age fotostock
APAM1R - Zou Yanju / Best View Stock
APE108 - Gavin Hellier
A8CTW4 - David Noton
A1CXAX - Kevin Schafer
B3CBDW - Gavin Hellier
D6RXMM - Steve Vidler / RGB Ventures - Superstock
CW9WXT - Jacek Nowak

Thousand of Britons summer holidays ruined
D3XXET - Athol Pictures
B1KBBX - colau
DT8MKY - Rob Wilkinson

Could the hormone diet be the solution to your wobbly woes

article-2628321-1BC8581A000005DC-149_634

Doctors handwriting so bad its putting patients at risk

article-2629280-151C9E11000005DC-915_306

Guardian Online, May 15
B00D87, Studioshots/Alamy

B00D87.jpg

Sheffield University, CN5XNM, eye35.pix (Alamy credit only)
CN5XNM.jpg

Lightning over the Dorset coast, C3G4N3, Dorset Media Service (Alamy credit only)
C3G4N3.jpg

Hunterston port, Scotland, B1D6BJ, Chris McNulty (Alamy credit only)
B1D6BJ.jpg

PRESSDISPLAY.COM

Page 70   Sex museer i London förknippade med berömda personer

The Freud museum Ligger på 20 Maresfield Gardens i Hampstead, norra London. Öppet onsdag–söndag kl 12–17. Inträde 82 kronor, reducerat pris för studenter, barn under 12 år gratis. Närmaste tunnelbanestation är Finchley Road. Nästan varje dag hålls...

Foto: Steve Vidler / Alamy

Dagens Nyheter  |  15 May 2014  |  Sweden  |  Swedish  | Page: 70

Page 67   Hemma hos Sigmund Freud

Jag blundar och ser Sigmund Freud ta sig en tupplur på den berömda divanen. Han är gammal och sjuklig, och flykten undan nazisterna har tärt på hans redan bräckliga hälsa. Men fortfarande tar han emot personer i analys. Jag förställer mig hur Freud...

Foto: Keystone Pictures USA/Alamy

Dagens Nyheter  |  15 May 2014  |  Sweden  |  Swedish  | Page: 67

Page 45   ”Vi behöver fler tätbyggda städer som Stockholm”

Barcelona och Köpenhamn är exempel på riktigt kompakta städer. Att få rätt stadsplanering under de närmaste 25 åren kommer att vara centralt för ekonomisk tillväxt i många länder, säger den brittiske ekonomen till DN under ett Stockholmsbesök.

Foto: Alamy DN

Dagens Nyheter  |  15 May 2014  |  Sweden  |  Swedish | Page: 45

Archived