Best sale value for a while

Often see posts complaining about the pricing of sales and I have to say the values have generally fallen off in the last year or so, but open up recent sales report this morning to find a nice sale for several hundred $$$ on an RF image. Obviously Alamy will get a cut and it will take a while for the money to come through, but it's encouraging and generally it's been an improved start to 2014. Alamy still a sideline for me rather than a major income stream (I know some work it far harder than I do) but selling more consistently is hopefully lifting me higher in the rankings and will generate more sales..........or am i being optimistic :-)

It is good to read good news. Stock represents about 0.5% of my time and output but it's great to hear some encouraging news for those who rely on it for any part of their income. I used to do more in the 80's and my average licence fee with that particular library then was over £100. (I checked my returns the other day - I kept them!). That was the early 1980's, what would it be now if conditions were the same? I wrote about it here on entries for March 5th. & 6th. http://peteslandscape.blogspot.co.uk/

Archived