RX100 issue

Hi - I have an occasional problem with my RX100 mk2, which I can't find mentioned anywhere. It seems to happen after I've tried to review images with the camera turned off, by pressing and holding the review button. I get a message that says 'accessing' and nothing else. If I then turn the camera on and try to shoot, a short line of dashes appears top left on the screen and I can't use the camera. After a few minutes it unfreezes and then behaves normally, until the next time. Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex

Never had that problem but my RX100 MK1 went back to sony today. I have been highly dissapointed with the overall image quality with some good shots and some showing 'random' poor quality. The full zoom end was unusable (both digital zoom settings were off).

I initially thought it was me expecting more from it but after reading various reviews and raves from respected alamy posters, in particulars David K's comment on fringing then I decided it's time to get it checked out.

I am off the Cyprus next week for a few days and I would have liked to have it in my pocket but instead it's gonna be the D3 and a few prime lenses.

Andy

No problem with my RX100 mk1 as with Alex Todd above. 

Had a fright today though when it dropped about 6 feet (2meters) approx onto wooden stairs then bounced down another two. I know the camera has a drop sensor on board but do not know if it works while it is switched off. Anyway I took it for a walk, to calm us both down, and took a few photos and it seems to be non the worse for it's free fall flight.

Tough little beggar and great camera to boot.

Allan

Tough little beggar and great camera to boot

Yes Allan you got that rite!  within the 1st 5 minutes of playing with my RX100 mk1 i dropped it on a carpeted floor without any damage, slippery little sucker,  i think most owners will agree.

I love this camera,  however nothing is perfect,  the only problem i have is a slight magenta color cast and light falloff on the sides of  horizontal shots,  it is not a big problem just annoying, it tends to show more on landscape images.

Otherwise a great little camera,  still happy with it.

Paul.

Hi - I have an occasional problem with my RX100 mk2, which I can't find mentioned anywhere. It seems to happen after I've tried to review images with the camera turned off, by pressing and holding the review button. I get a message that says 'accessing' and nothing else. If I then turn the camera on and try to shoot, a short line of dashes appears top left on the screen and I can't use the camera. After a few minutes it unfreezes and then behaves normally, until the next time. Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex

Could be a card issue. Can you read it in a card reader attached to a computer?

Tough little beggar and great camera to boot
 the only problem i have is a slight magenta color cast and light falloff on the sides of  horizontal shots

Paul.

Paul I can't say I've noticed that problem and I work in RAW for Alamy with my RX100.

Allan

The magenta and light falloff is not on all images, it shows mainly on landscape shots,  i process raw files in LR-4, where possible sometimes i have to crop to be rid of the problem,  thankfully it is not with all images otherwise the RX100 would be out of my photo arsenal.

Paul.

Thanks,

Alex

"Could be a card issue. Can you read it in a card reader attached to a computer?"

I had similar with my Mk1 when trying to format and use a micro sdhc card put into a Kingston adapter - a number of horizontal dashes and then nothing - I later got r/w success with either a Sandisk or Integral adapter using the same card and I have read elsewhere that Kingston micros sdhc  adapters are not so good.

Perhaps just take the card out and give the terminals a gentle clean or swap adapter if using one.

"Could be a card issue. Can you read it in a card reader attached to a computer?"

Thank's for the tip but it is not the card,  a better way to describe the problem!  is a slight light falloff on the horizontal edges that adds a little magenta,  again not on all images,  just a few mainly in bright conditions, as i said earlier, it is not a serious problem,  just thought i would mention it to see if others had the same issues.

Paul.

Archived