Fuji......... ok now I get it.

Hi all

The more patient of you may have watched my torturous trip through the world of small cameras.

I tried a few different types of camera

I brought a Nex 5n which drove me nuts, other people love it, I could not get on with the small size and kept changing settings every time that I picked it up. Big hands and a cluster of small buttons did not work together.

Then I spoke to a friend at FFordes and they had a used (excellent ++) Fuji x100, recently serviced by Fuji including a new lens unit.

So in I dived and I brought it. I should add that when they sax excellent ++ they mean it.

x100.jpg

Every thing that I had read about the x100 said great image quality but a frustrating thing to use.

The x100 arrived and I took it for a walk....... I love it an absolute breeze to use and I sussed it out just by using it. I still have not looked at the book.

It fits me well and all the controls are where I want them I set the function button to ISO and the Raw button to the the ND filter.

I find the camera a pleasure to use in manual.

The IQ is all that people said.

I love this thing.

Here is the first pic that I took indoors with it

1.jpg

So at long last I have my walking about camera :-)

Mark

Congratulations Mark.  I have the X-Pro 1 as well as the x100s.  One thing I am considering for the x100s is the wide conversion lens.  It screws onto the existing lens and gets you a 28mm equivalent.  I've not tried it and the only reason I've not bought it is because I think I can get a similar lens for the X-Pro.

Have fun with it!

The X100 is an excellent camera. I love mine, can't fault it. The only camera I can't fault in fact.

Enjoy!

Me too.  If I could only have one camera, my x100s would be it. 

I also have the xp1 - love them both.

Fuji are also good in releasing updates, which for other brands could require the latest model to get, so I'm very happy with the fuji experience :)

Again - enjoy!

ann

Always fancied a 100s, maybe in the future. I have the XP1 & E1 with the X-T1 on order. Depending on how it performs will decide on which of the two existing ones is sold.

The one things they all have in common, is they are all a joy to use. I'm sure you'll have plenty of good times ahead with it!!

Just out of curiosity, what is the max sync speed of the Fuji X100?

what is the max sync speed of the Fuji X100?

Since it's a leaf shutter my X100 Used to manage 1/2000th sec. flash synch no probs.

Mine looks like an old beater now and has survived unprotected through many torrential downpours, and a good salty soaking during some coastal storm chasing which half killed my D7000 that day (still functions but without monitor working so like a film camera now), but this little baby was hanging round my neck to see me through the rest of the day.

Here one of the shots i took with the X100 during a resent storm at Brighton, it was blowing a gale and had to hold the mini tripod down to keep it from blowing away during the long exposure!:

DGYR65.jpg

The X100 is my all time favourite and it's always in my coat pocket when I go to the big smoke. I still have a D2X but that only comes out for wildlife/action stuff.

Good luck with it...I'm sure you'll love it.

Parm

Just tried the flash sycn at every aperture from F2 to F16 at 1/4000th sec and it seems to work fine, even though the shutterspeed will show up red in the view finder till you stop down to F8. I don't trust what they write in manual as they obviously haven't played around with the camera long enough.

Yes, agree the image quality out of these Fuji's is amazing (easily a match for the full frame, in my opinion).

Parm

Just tried the flash sycn at every aperture from F2 to F16 at 1/4000th sec and it seems to work fine, even though the shutterspeed will show up red in the view finder till you stop down to F8. I don't trust what they write in manual as they obviously haven't played around with the camera long enough.

Yes, agree the image quality out of these Fuji's is amazing (easily a match for the full frame, in my opinion).

Parm

Been away for a few days in Istanbul so just seen your reply, thanks for that!! I will keep my eyes open in the future, could be handy when needing stealth or fast sync speed!

Patiently awaiting my X-T1, Grip and 56mm f/1.2...... Can't wait :D

Probably off topic, but Fuji X series owners may wish to know that there are new firmware upgrades available for some ILCs and lenses. Would post a link but haven't found a way of making the 'paste' options work - is there a knack that I'm missing?

Cheers

John

Probably off topic, but Fuji X series owners may wish to know that there are new firmware upgrades available for some ILCs and lenses. Would post a link but haven't found a way of making the 'paste' options work - is there a knack that I'm missing?

Cheers

John

Yeaahhh.... and i can also confirm..... the reason for the new firmware is the arrival of the X-T1..... mine should be with me tomorrow! Kids and their toys eh  ;)

Archived