Alamy missing out with Google advertising

mickfly

I just made a blog post, well, more of a rant about squeezing money out of people... Let's all work for free in which I use the words, stock and Alamy.

Lo and behold, my browser is filling with ads for Corbis and and Getty, but nothing for Alamy, are they missing a trick somewhere?

Maybe the other agencies are popping up due to the phrase 'Let's all work for free'!

Yes John,

Adsense is populating my page with ads from other stock agencies, but not, so far, Alamy.

I was just wondering whether they use Google Adsense to target buyers.

I've re-loaded the page a few times today and KIA is proving very popular, not KIA as in the war sense, just the car manufacturer.

If you type in "stock photography" in google, Alamy is the last entry at the bottom of the page. No ads for Alamy, either at the top (SS, iS, & Corbis have the big ads there) or down the side. So I would assume the do not subscribe to adsense or aren't willing to pay a high cost per click.

Jill

A lot of the ads shown in your browser will be based on your previous Google searches as well.

I don't think Alamy allow bots so they won't be picked up by search engines. The ones posted here on the forums are picked up though. Seems strange not to allow greater searches of the content. Allowing bots on the main site could see a lot more sales (but they should make the watermark better first).

I probably didn't make myself clear in my OP.

I meant in my blog post here...Let's all work for free  I use the words, stock and Alamy, but the only ads that accompanied the blog post were from other agencies, so even if I had been making a glowing reference, if I didn't link to Alamy directly, the adverts would make it look like I was referring to those stock agencies.

I am aware how the ads are targeted during a normal search on Google, I was refering to my own blog pages.

I'm not getting my point across very well, sorry, but Jill and Mihai got it.

Spacecadet, I don't want to exclude them, i was expecting to see them, but saw rival (to Alamy) agency adverts instead, ie, anywhere that the particular keywords are mentioned, they will produce adverts from stock agencies other than Alamy, I'd rather they showed Alamy ones, for all our benefits.

If you type in "stock photography" in google, Alamy is the last entry at the bottom of the page. No ads for Alamy, either at the top (SS, iS, & Corbis have the big ads there) or down the side. So I would assume the do not subscribe to adsense or aren't willing to pay a high cost per click.

Jill

Depends on your location and the default search country.  In the UK, I get Alamy at #3 (below iStock and Shutterstock).

No, they don't do ads: would be nice to think they're saving up the cash saved for a nice 2014 Xmas bonus for all contributors. :D

UK based, comes second below the "shaded" sponsered searches for me.

but this could be influenced by the fact ive just been searching and keywording, and now postin on alamy, all in the same browser window!

Archived