Which quality setting at Lightroom export?

Alamy recommends saving images in Photoshop at a quality level of 10 (where the maximum level is 12). I realised with most images I don't need Photoshop any more because most processing can be done in Lightroom. When saving the jpg file from Lightroom, however, the quality parameters available are different. No chance to set jpg level 10.

My question: Am I correct to assume that a quality setting of 80% (and not limiting file size) when exporting from Lightroom will result in a quality level comparable to saving with jpg level 10 in Photoshop?

I suppose I'm not the only one going this route, so it may be a good idea if Alamy would include appropriate Lightroom export quality settings in their submission guidelines as well as Photoshop settings.

Thanks for any input!

I shoot jpeg and 90 produces a file about the same size as the original. I found that 100 could easily double it and creating a bigger file doesn't create any extra quality.

Just for the hell of it, a few years ago I did a tenfold jpeg resave and couldn't see any loss of quality.

But I do agree, if you're setting up LR in 2014 it hardly matters.

When upload was only 100kbps or so  it made a fair bit of difference. Now, at 13Mbps, not so much. Or any.

When I started in 2009 an upload took more than 5 minutes, now it's 3 seconds.

I shoot RAW so I create the jpegs each time I need them. So it is no skin off my nose to send Alamy et al 100% quality. I don't keep them myself - I always go back to Capture 1 (or LR when I used it) and create jpegs appropriate to the purpose.

ditto.  Export at 100% direct from RAW or tiff then delete the jpegs and just keep RAWS/tiffs.  I only create tiffs if I've had extra work to do in CS6.

Pearl

I use 100 for alamy (from raws as others) but this should help ... this page has been around for a few years

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/jpeg-quality

For client quick edits and news images i export at a setting of 76.

An interesting article Julie.  Thanks for sharing.

Pearl

Archived