So I noticed that on the current 30 day rolling report almost half of my views came from one set of search terms.  21 different search sessions but all with similar enough terms to pull mostly the same set of images.  900 views of which 460 came from this set of search terms.

My CTR is now .33 and without this group of searches obviously would have been much higher.  Keywording is correct by the way, I've checked all of the images against the search terms and I think they are accurate, this isn't bringing up images that it should not.

So I'm wondering does this mean my images are really that bad?  And since it seems this has had a negative impact on CTR should I consider deleting them?    Just curious what folks think.  The search terms were all some variation on "Panama Canal".

Really difficult to say!  Results from 'All of Alamy' for the last 30 days include the following searches:

• aerial panama canal
  • Ancon panama canal
  • historic panama canal construction
  • PANAMA CANAL
  • panama canal boat
  • panama canal boat locks
  • panama canal bridge
  • panama canal cent* bridge
  • panama canal centenario bridge
  • panama canal centennial bridge
  • panama canal construction
  • panama canal digging
  • Panama Canal Holland America Line
  • panama canal lock
  • panama canal lock doors
  • panama canal locks
  • Panama Canal Museum
  • panama canal ship
  • panama canal workers digging
  • Roosevelt Panama canal cartoon
  • ship entering panama canal
  • ship exiting panama canal
  • SS Ancon panama canal
  • Theodore Roosevelt panama canal

So is the client looking for what you have?  At first glance there seems nothing wrong with your canal images.  Some of those searches are perhaps for historical purposes (construction, digging, SS Ancon, etc.).  You will have more details: how many others (if any) were zoomed?  How much competition did you have for each search term? How did the other images differ from yours?

Anyhow, just 'cos they didn't get zoomed doesn't mean they won't get sold!

Indeed, many of my sales were not preceded by a zoom, while I have had several zooms on particular images by their Alamy codes and they have not as yet resulted in a sale. 

I tend to look down the views and zooms columns and if there is less than 100 views and no zooms feel that I may be in with a chance.

Really difficult to say!  Results from 'All of Alamy' for the last 30 days include the following searches:

• aerial panama canal
  • Ancon panama canal
  • historic panama canal construction
  • PANAMA CANAL
  • panama canal boat
  • panama canal boat locks
  • panama canal bridge
  • panama canal cent* bridge
  • panama canal centenario bridge
  • panama canal centennial bridge
  • panama canal construction
  • panama canal digging
  • Panama Canal Holland America Line
  • panama canal lock
  • panama canal lock doors
  • panama canal locks
  • Panama Canal Museum
  • panama canal ship
  • panama canal workers digging
  • Roosevelt Panama canal cartoon
  • ship entering panama canal
  • ship exiting panama canal
  • SS Ancon panama canal
  • Theodore Roosevelt panama canal

So is the client looking for what you have?  At first glance there seems nothing wrong with your canal images.  Some of those searches are perhaps for historical purposes (construction, digging, SS Ancon, etc.).  You will have more details: how many others (if any) were zoomed?  How much competition did you have for each search term? How did the other images differ from yours?

I had one Panama Canal related zoom recently, probably from the same client that you mentioned. It will be interesting to see if it results in a sale. Lately I've been noticing that more of my zoomed images have ended up selling. However, I still get a substantial number of sales from images that were never zoomed.

Archived