Alamy commission

ribeiroantonio

Question

9 answers to this question

Whether it is right and fair is debatable but that is the commission rate if your total sales are below $250 in a year.  See section 12.12 of the Contibutors Contract.....

12.12. At the end of each Revenue Year if your total Licence Fees for that year, net of any refunds:

12.12.1. are less than $250 then the Alamy Commission for sales of your Content in the following Revenue Year will automatically switch to Alamy Silver as outlined in the Alamy Commission Table;  - https://www.alamy.com/terms/contributor-commission-table/

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 12/07/2024 at 08:24, Vincent Lowe said:

Whether it is right and fair is debatable but that is the commission rate if your total sales are below $250 in a year.  See section 12.12 of the Contibutors Contract.....

12.12. At the end of each Revenue Year if your total Licence Fees for that year, net of any refunds:

12.12.1. are less than $250 then the Alamy Commission for sales of your Content in the following Revenue Year will automatically switch to Alamy Silver as outlined in the Alamy Commission Table;  - https://www.alamy.com/terms/contributor-commission-table/

1) What is a "Revenue Year"? according to ALAMY:

“Revenue Year” means the 12 month period starting on the 1 July every year and ending 30 June the following calendar year.

2) My understanding is: we started a new "Revenue Year" on the 1st of July 2024. My total revenue for the "Revenue Year" from 1st July 2023 to 30th June 2024 was $601.66 (including $14.43 of DACS Payback Scheme).

There is something that I'm not following properly and I would like to understand.

Edited by ribeiroantonio

On 13/07/2024 at 01:26, ribeiroantonio said:

1) What is a "Revenue Year"? according to ALAMY:

“Revenue Year” means the 12 month period starting on the 1 July every year and ending 30 June the following calendar year.

2) My understanding is: we started a new "Revenue Year" on the 1st of July 2024. My total revenue for the "Revenue Year" from 1st July 2023 to 30th June 2024 was $601.66 (including $14.43 of DACS Payback Scheme).

There is something that I'm not following properly and I would like to understand.

deleted

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov

I presume you didn't achieve $250 worth of sales between 1 July 2023 to end June 2024, so you are now on Alamy Silver (80% commission), so will be paid at this rate until you have achieved $250 worth of sales in this period starting 1st July 2024. Once you have achieved this, you will revert to alamy Gold (40% commission) for any subsequent sales.

This is an ongoing process, in that if you do not acheve $250 worth of sales in any 12 month period starting 1st July, you will revert to Alamy Silver on 1st July the following year

Edited by kennethwfd

On 24/07/2024 at 11:32, kennethwfd said:

I presume you didn't achieve $250 worth of sales between 1 July 2023 to end June 2024, so you are now on Alamy Silver (80% commission), so will be paid at this rate until you have achieved $250 worth of sales in this period starting 1st July 2024. Once you have achieved this, you will revert to alamy Gold (40% commission) for any subsequent sales.

This is an ongoing process, in that if you do not acheve $250 worth of sales in any 12 month period starting 1st July, you will revert to Alamy Silver on 1st July the following year

Gold is 60%.