WHAT CAMERA IS EVERYONE USING?

Resolute Inc

Question

Hey, 

New in the community. I use the zony zv-e10.

I tried to upload a few shots yet there were rejected.

What camera is everyone using sony besides the sony zv-e10 that also allows uploads. 

Regards,

Current kit: two Fujifilm X-E3 bodies with XF 14mm and 18-55mm; X-T2 with XF 70-300mm; Marumi achromatic close-up lenses for occasional use on the zooms; XF 60mm Macro with Marumi +5 for 1:1; a few adapted Nikon lenses, such as PC Nikkor 35mm shift lens with Kipon tilt adapter for tabletop and Micro-Nikkor 55mm on X-A5 for slide copying. Former kit was Pentax DSLRs: K10D and K-5.

Edited by DDoug
add

Sony A7rii and A7riv with an assortment of lenses - an 8mm Rokinon fisheye, Sony G 90mm f/2.8 macro, G 24-105mm f/4, 35mm Sony and with an adapter Nikon 20mm & 50mm f/1.4

I also use my Olympus OMD-E1 with the Oly 28mm, 50mm and 70-150mm super lightweight zoom. 

I have Olympus Zuiko lenses from my film days that I use with adapters on both systems, a 28mm, 50mm and 200mm prime. The 200mm is super light on either camera and gives me 400mm reach on the Olys. 

Keep thinking about getting one of those Sony RX cameras as a walking around option but you probably want a camera with interchangeable lenses as your primary camera. if you plan to get serious about photography.  

If you can host the rejected images on a site such as dropbox and share the full size images here, we may be able to give you better advice about the files. 

Choosing the right camera depends on whether you shoot fast moving subjects like wildlife and sports, or travel images, landscapes, cities, portraits...do you shoot in extreme hot and cold? how much experience you have and your budget. 

If you are using the camera with a kit lens, perhaps you want to look at getting a good prime lens. That could help improve things although with a 20MP camera, passing QC should be a breeze. 

Edited by Marianne
  • Like 2

Hoping to upgrade soon but these are still working for me, although a bit long in the tooth:

Sony RX100 - 1

Assortment of old Nikons, but mostly D7200, with a variety of standard and wide angle telephoto lenses.

If the new mirrorless Nikons/Sony's were a lot less expensive, and stock prices more rewarding, I'd probably splash out on one of these!

• Love 1

22 hours ago, Bryan said:

Sony RX100 V and Sony a6500 with lenses from 12 to 300 mm

Used to use Canon gear ending up with a 5D II which I still have but rarely use at is too heavy.

I know Sony produce 18 -200mm lenses but I have not seen nor can I find a 12-300mm lens???

Allan

4 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I know Sony produce 18 -200mm lenses but I have not seen nor can I find a 12-300mm lens???

Allan

Indeed most of the lenses that I use are fixed focal length, so we go from a 12 mm Rokinon, via a Sony 20mm, to a Pentax 28mm then a Pentax 35mm, followed by an Olympus 50mm, then a Pentax 75-150, and finally a Sigma 100-300 f4 - which I rarely use, too heavy.

All, except the 20 are used manual focus with the a6500.  Only the Rokinon and Sony are native Sony fit, the remainder are used with adapters.

I find that the aged full frame fixed focal length film camera lenses provide better results than any Sony zoom that I have tried.

Wouldn't do for a live news or action photographer, but suits me just fine.

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Indeed most of the lenses that I use are fixed focal length, so we go from a 12 mm Rokinon, via a Sony 20mm, to a Pentax 28mm then a Pentax 35mm, followed by an Olympus 50mm, then a Pentax 75-150, and finally a Sigma 100-300 f4 - which I rarely use, too heavy.

All, except the 20 are used manual focus with the a6500.  Only the Rokinon and Sony are native Sony fit, the remainder are used with adapters.

I find that the aged full frame fixed focal length film camera lenses provide better results than any Sony zoom that I have tried.

Wouldn't do for a live news or action photographer, but suits me just fine.

Ah no wonder I could not find what I thought was a zoom lens.  I agree with you that Sony zoom lenses are not the best.  I have a "good" Sony 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 zoom lens which I use for a lot of the work I put up on Alamy.

Also I now have an E4/PZ 10-20 G lens which gives a better quality image than the previous 10-18 lens I had.  I do not use the power zoom feature in favour of using the manual zoom.

Each lens is on its' own 6500 body.

Allan

3 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

Lenses....plural. I dunnno! 😉

Sony lists their product as "Lenses".

Allan🤔

The only Sony zoom lens that I have is the G 24-105mm f/4 and it is nice and sharp. Until I got it a bit over a year ago, I was only using primes, many non-Sonys manually, the Nikons and Zuiko (Olympus) with an adapter. The 24-105 is a great focal length for travel, though it does make for a heavier mirrorless setup. It's a full frame lens so it gives me a pretty wide through portrait/medium telephoto setup - and with my files being so large, even a pseudo telephoto if I want to crop into a photo.

I got a B+W closeup lens to put on the end of it to make for a pseudo macro lens too as I'm unlikely to take my 90mm macro lens traveling and again, since macro isn't usually a big need when traveling, being able to get a little closer is enough. 

I mistyped above - it's the G, not the G Master which is f/2.8 and costs about $700 more.  I paid $1,170 for it which was plenty.  I won a grant in 2022 and was required to spend all the money that year, so that covered the cost of the lens as well as an Eizo monitor and some other equipment. Otherwise it would probably have taken a couple of years to earn back the cost. But of all my tech purchases that year, it's the one I've gotten the most out of. 

Edited by Marianne