Image order in portfolio randomly re-organised

Sally Robertson

Question

Hello, I've just noticed that my images have suddenly been re-organised in a randomised way. Before that they were in order of upload. Sometimes the order of the most recent upload would change slightly within itself, but otherwise the images were sequential from first upload to the most recent ones.

Is anyone else seeing their images re-organised this way? It's not necessarily a bad thing in that it makes it kind of randomly interesting to look at with a wide variety of images across a page. The main disadvantage is I had a mental map of kind of where things were before based on chronological order. I can obviously still find things by doing searches and with only 470 images I don't have a lot to search through at this stage. I'm just wondering what the logic behind this re-organisation is?

Hi All,

We are aware there's an issue with the Portfolio Pages not displaying images in the order as originally intended. We recently enabled the ability to sort by oldest / newest when performing contributor/pseudonym searches. However, this appears to have unintentionally impacted the portfolio page.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we are looking to resolve the issue asap to get things back to normal for these pages.

Thanks

Sophie

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Alamy said:

Hi All,

We are aware there's an issue with the Portfolio Pages not displaying images in the order as originally intended. We recently enabled the ability to sort by oldest / newest when performing contributor/pseudonym searches. However, this appears to have unintentionally impacted the portfolio page.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we are looking to resolve the issue asap to get things back to normal for these pages.

Thanks

Sophie

Thank you.

• Love 1

One of the things that bothered me is when a poster asked what cameras we used in a recent thread, I replied what I use. But I couldn’t say, “the first 6 images you see when you click on the number under my avatar was taken with (X) camera.  I could do that before. I can’t even say, “the image of the coconut meringue pie on page one was taken with my Sony RX100VII.” Because the pie image might not be on page one anymore. If someone kept looking on further pages, they might come across a similar pie taken 10 years ago with one of my since sold Nikons.

I remember when Edo first got his RX100-VII, he mentioned something like “the first 16 images you see (or something similar) were taken with it.” A rather nice way to evaluate images of a camera one is contemplating buying.

On 15/04/2024 at 07:26, Alamy said:

Hi All,

Thanks

Sophie

Hi @Alamy... it`s been awhile since my Portfolio Page has worked properly... can we please have a timeline as to when this will be fixed?

• Like 2