Geometry tool Adobe Bridge 2024 ?

CAROL SAUNDERS

Question

Well I need to do some long overdue editing and I've gone to do it my usual way starting in Adobe Bridge and lo and behold the Geometry tool seems to have disappeared😒

Any ideas anyone ? (Using my iMac 

Thank you in advance 🙏

Carol

13 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Thank you Mark I've managed to find it, it's now within the crop tool🤨why they change these things I don't know, it's very frustrating. !!

Thanks again

Carol

Carol, I am totally lost half the time because of the changes. That’s why I’m using Bridge ‘22 still. I get warnings when opening from LR but just click on the “open anyway”. To me, if there are improvements or a new tool, fine. We want it. But a tool that’s been there since dirt was made, leave it in place. Don’t make us hunt for minute upon minute to find it, IF we ever do.

My gripe with the newest Bridge is I’ve always done my keywords in Bridge. The new one doesn’t allow me to do that the best I can figure out, it seems to offer its own system of tagging like is done in LR. If I wanted that, I would have done it in LR years ago.

I have dozens upon dozens of templates I have made through the years that apply to my commonly photographed subjects with scientific name if applicable. Especially plants & animals, a lot of birds.

Why fix something that isn’t broken?

20 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Carol, I am totally lost half the time because of the changes. That’s why I’m using Bridge ‘22 still. I get warnings when opening from LR but just click on the “open anyway”. To me, if there are improvements or a new tool, fine. We want it. But a tool that’s been there since dirt was made, leave it in place. Don’t make us hunt for minute upon minute to find it, IF we ever do.

My gripe with the newest Bridge is I’ve always done my keywords in Bridge. The new one doesn’t allow me to do that the best I can figure out, it seems to offer its own system of tagging like is done in LR. If I wanted that, I would have done it in LR years ago.

I have dozens upon dozens of templates I have made through the years that apply to my commonly photographed subjects with scientific name if applicable. Especially plants & animals, a lot of birds.

Why fix something that isn’t broken?

I am entirely with you on that one Betty.

Allan

43 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I am entirely with you on that one Betty.

Allan

Thank you Mark I've managed to find it, it's now within the crop tool🤨why they change these things I don't know, it's very frustrating. !!

Thanks again

Carol

Agree Betty it's a real pain though I don't use Lightroom or do my keyboarding in Bridge or PS.  It is frustrating, geometry was the first thing I clicked on when editing and my hand/mouse just used to go directly to where it was, near the bottom - now I find I'm starting at the top - ho hum, if I turn myself upside down I guess all will be well😄 Also agree if it ain't broke don't fix it and it wasn't...... 

Carol

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Agree Betty it's a real pain though I don't use Lightroom or do my keyboarding in Bridge or PS.  It is frustrating, geometry was the first thing I clicked on when editing and my hand/mouse just used to go directly to where it was, near the bottom - now I find I'm starting at the top - ho hum, if I turn myself upside down I guess all will be well😄 Also agree if it ain't broke don't fix it and it wasn't...... 

Carol

So it is probably like this. Adobe has these people on the workforce. They figure out what nice improvements to add on a regular basis, sketched out through meetings with management & agreed upon. They then write the code or pass it on to those who do. Perspective correction, adding your own skies, nice stuff we’ve gotten in the past.

Ok, they are only allowed to do X nice things in a year or an update. They are sitting around twiddling their thumbs after accomplishing those new features & that doesn’t look good to management. Maybe the workforce is too large. Maybe money could be saved reducing it. Bottom line, you know.

In fear of one or two losing their jobs, they get busy reinventing the wheel that’s already been invented and working just fine, thankyouverymuch. Then when the users scream loud enough, maybe more work is involved tweaking what everyone hates so much, but don’t hold your breath on that.

I had trouble with the newer versions of bridge so have stayed with version 12.  I only use Bridge for simple tasks.  You can find older versions by opening the Adobe Creative Cloud app and click on the app icon and you should see on the right of the page installed apps (windows computer) hover over Bridge and click on the three dots look for other versions, choose from the list.

4 hours ago, Johnnie5 said:

I had trouble with the newer versions of bridge so have stayed with version 12.  I only use Bridge for simple tasks.  You can find older versions by opening the Adobe Creative Cloud app and click on the app icon and you should see on the right of the page installed apps (windows computer) hover over Bridge and click on the three dots look for other versions, choose from the list.

I’m not using the latest version, either. I don’t like it.

Well I think it must have done an auto update but now I've got it, I guess I've got used to it so will stick with it.  The thought of trying to go backwards fills me with horror🥲

Carol

3 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Well I think it must have done an auto update but now I've got it, I guess I've got used to it so will stick with it.  The thought of trying to go backwards fills me with horror🥲

Carol

To use the new version fills me with horror! :D

On 26/03/2024 at 14:59, Betty LaRue said:

To use the new version fills me with horror! :D

😆 I think I'm used to it now but still haven't done an update on my iMac, I'm still running Monterey, I am too chicken to click the update, if it ain't broke etc.  😅

Carol