how long between finding a used image and reporting?

Hi all, Just noticed that I have the front cover of February's  Waterways World magazine plus 3 images inside all as yet unreported, the last time I had a cover for the same mag it was paid for the month before publication, how long should I give it before having any concerns?

I questioned why slow sales reporting has increased, and why it seems to be up to the contributor to find and report sales? We are now to report if a "sale" is unposted after four months and after eventual posting three months if not cleared? The response was, "Unfortunately, we cannot change the process we have in place, and we have to follow normal procedure." Well, the normal procedure was changed from three to four months. The onus has been placed upon contributors to do work that should be done by Alamy staff. Surely, change for the better should be considered; it would benefit all concerned. We're now looking at 7 months from publication to payment as being considered "normal"; that is unreasonable in any business model. Accountability is lacking transparency.  I dread to think how many uses go unposted? I know of several of mine that were never resolved; with so many contributors it is likely that there are many.

• Like 6

On 01/02/2024 at 20:35, mwakeling said:

The response was, "Unfortunately, we cannot change the process we have in place, and we have to follow normal procedure."

Why can't they change it? Do they need to recruit more able programmers? It's not objectively 'normal', many places require payment upfront, and that doesn't necessarily  lead to more refunds.

• Like 2

On 01/02/2024 at 15:35, mwakeling said:

I questioned why slow sales reporting has increased, and why it seems to be up to the contributor to find and report sales? We are now to report if a "sale" is unposted after four months and after eventual posting three months if not cleared? The response was, "Unfortunately, we cannot change the process we have in place, and we have to follow normal procedure." Well, the normal procedure was changed from three to four months. The onus has been placed upon contributors to do work that should be done by Alamy staff. Surely, change for the better should be considered; it would benefit all concerned. We're now looking at 7 months from publication to payment as being considered "normal"; that is unreasonable in any business model. Accountability is lacking transparency.  I dread to think how many uses go unposted? I know of several of mine that were never resolved; with so many contributors it is likely that there are many.

yep, I was doing a periodic sweep of the web and a new one popped up today, unreported usage in the times literary supplement from 6 months ago.

• Like 2