Account frozen … starting to panic. Can I be terminated?

1 hour ago, StokeCreative said:

This is something I specifically asked the optician as I'd assumed cheap readers were sub par, but he confirmed they are just fine (as long as no other correction needed). 

However, off-the-shelf specs are generally not made for comfort. If you are wearing glasses for several hours a day, it’s worth having lightweight frames that don’t cause discomfort or pain behind the ears in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, MDM said:

However, off-the-shelf specs are generally not made for comfort. If you are wearing glasses for several hours a day, it’s worth having lightweight frames that don’t cause discomfort or pain behind the ears in my opinion. 

I do use my readers a lot and used drugstore glasses but a friend convinced me to try Warby Parker (not sure they are in Europe) and I just love them.  All their glasses are $99, with hundreds of styles.  But the best part is that they are form fitted to your head.  You can buy online but I have a store near me and the people there are great.  They will "tune up" and polish your glasses anytime for free and they use a heat gun to soften up the stems to bend the frame to fit your head better.  The lenses are excellent.  I have two pair and will happily buy more as needed.

10 hours ago, MDM said:

10 hours ago, MDM said:

Tis true, I mostly wear varifocals but have cheap drugstore glasses kicking around in various rooms!

On 30/11/2023 at 14:52, Phil Robinson said:

I bought mine as a studio prop. They looked just like Harry Potter specs and I put them in a couple of photos before discovering they were useable. The pics have sold so the pound was a good investment (and yes, they still have the Elastoplast in place) 

2A9A44W.jpg

Love the pic and all the helpful advice from everyone. Such a kind and caring community! 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

I do use my readers a lot and used drugstore glasses but a friend convinced me to try Warby Parker (not sure they are in Europe) and I just love them.  All their glasses are $99, with hundreds of styles.  But the best part is that they are form fitted to your head.  You can buy online but I have a store near me and the people there are great.  They will "tune up" and polish your glasses anytime for free and they use a heat gun to soften up the stems to bend the frame to fit your head better.  The lenses are excellent.  I have two pair and will happily buy more as needed.

Not in Europe apparently and probably unfortunately - seems to be US and Canada only according to a web search.

3 hours ago, StokeCreative said:

Tis true, I mostly wear varifocals but have cheap drugstore glasses kicking around in various rooms!

That's another story - where did I put my glasses? I have several old prescrption pairs on a particular shelf for those not infrequent moments where I can't recall where I put my present pair. 

• Like 1

How drug store glasses fit…I’ve bought a dozen or more of them over the years. I have a pair by my chair, a pair that stays in the kitchen for reading recipes & labels, and a pair that stays in my handbag. I try them on in the store, read something to determine strength, but fit is very important. I’ve never bought a pair that hurts anywhere. Part of the fit is to bend over & determine if they are too loose and fall off my face. I bought one pair years ago that did that. Readers only, I need no distance correction. These days, (after pandemic) cost is around $20.

2K15N33.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue

• 4 weeks later...

It happens to me too, it was started from late November 2023, none of my photos accepted. My QC rank fall from 3 stars to 1 star and then frozen. My portofolio mostly macro shot so there are DOF exist. I don't know what to do now.