Isle of Wight ferry?

geogphotos

Doubt it. I sail out of Lymington all the time and the terminal I think has always been opposite the town. It just doesn't look right even with modern development.

Also pretty sure that there has always been a train line to the IOW ferry at Lymington as well

For me (don't know why) but it seems more West Country, a river crossing, maybe Dartmouth - Kingsmere for example?

I think you have it with Fishbourne.

…if you try this view on google maps…

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.7325751,-1.2132264,3a,15y,334.47h,87.65t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s_wUPaJ2FlyvQhefkxavGjw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en&entry=ttu

…this group of out buildings/boat houses appears in the top left edge of your shot.

Fishbourne.jpg

Edited by Gorilla Dave
  • Thanks 1

I0000rcA4FqQGnvA.jpg

Camber Queen built 1961. My research says that it operated Portsmouth to Fishbourne route, and on occasion to Yarmouth.

This doesn't look like any of those places. 

Co-incidentally I already had a picture of this ferry on Alamy but didn't know its name.  This I have as Portsmouth

2HB1KMX.jpg

Edited by geogphotos

Hello

This photo was taken at Fishbourne. You can't see much of the horizon but it is a different angle from your first shot in this thread, the ferry docks on the right behind the trees and is similar to your shot of the Camber Queen. Hope that makes sense.

TAKC8N.jpg

• Love 1

1 hour ago, eclectic said:

Hello

This photo was taken at Fishbourne. You can't see much of the horizon but it is a different angle from your first shot in this thread, the ferry docks on the right behind the trees and is similar to your shot of the Camber Queen. Hope that makes sense.

TAKC8N.jpg

Thanks, yes I was thinking that it is probably a view out to sea from Fishbourne - the road access to the ferry to turns to the right as viewed from the first picture. 

Also, there are some yellow stanchions just about visible in the top photo.

And logically our photographer would probably not be at two different IOW ferry ports! 

Thanks to everybody for looking and helping. 😀